HAIR BRAIDS

Hi, is there any salon here that offers hair braiding services? Specifically, box braids. Thank you for your help.

Or any salon that is best for black people since I really wanna braid my hair again and I cant find suitable salons on google. Most of them only offers hair color and hair cut 😭😭😭😭

my experience: you go to the cheap hairdresser's guide her to do: Takes her few times to do exactly what you wanna

saritanatasharoldan wrote:

Or any salon that is best for black people since I really wanna braid my hair again and I cant find suitable salons on google. Most of them only offers hair color and hair cut 😭😭😭😭

You should go to a Local salon and ask them to do it as what you need bring the picture what kind of style you want to do; I am pretty sure all Vietnamese styles can do any patent you want. Don't go to Foreign styles because most of them don't know do even blow dry for Asian Hair

Coll-wing wrote:

I am pretty sure all Vietnamese styles can do any patent you want. Don't go to Foreign styles because most of them don't know do even blow dry for Asian Hair

I don't think "all Vietnamese hair stylists can do" the OP's specific braid pattern. 

If I'm not mistaken, the OP doesn't have Asian hair.  She indicates her wish to have box braids, which is a style for Afro-textured hair.  With box braids, synthetic "braid hair" is needed to fill in the space where the braiding of her own hair would have created. 

@saritanatasharoldan:  The texture of "braid hair" as well as the skill to do box braids are not easily found in Vietnam.  I read on a blog some years ago about ONE salon with a stylist who had some specialty in Afro hair, but that's in Hanoi.

Cornrow braids would have been a bit easier.  I saw a woman having her cornrow done at Bai Sau (Back Beach) in Vung Tau, and more cornrow braiders in Thailand.

Huey M wrote:

my experience: you go to the cheap hairdresser's guide her to do: Takes her few times to do exactly what you wanna

I don't know where you got your experience and where you found the "cheap hairdresser" who learned to do box braids in a few practices.  Since it takes at least 4 hours for a skillful hairdresser who has been braiding regularly to do the job, a beginner would need double or triple that time, and that's with an instructor standing nearby.

Good box braids last about two months, and because there are not many Afro-textured hair in Vietnam, even the best hairdresser wouldn't have many opportunities to learn and practice the skill.  In addition, I'm certain that the braiding hair using in box braids isn't commonly in stock at any Vietnamese salon.

I talked to "Hien" she's one of the best hairstylist for expats in district 7 but yeah, she cant do it for 4-5 hours. She does braid hair but just the easier ones. Anyway, thank you so much for your suggestions. I might visit Vung Tau.

Ciambella wrote:
Coll-wing wrote:

I am pretty sure all Vietnamese styles can do any patent you want. Don't go to Foreign styles because most of them don't know do even blow dry for Asian Hair

I don't think "all Vietnamese hair stylists can do" the OP's specific braid pattern. 

If I'm not mistaken, the OP doesn't have Asian hair.  She indicates her wish to have box braids, which is a style for Afro-textured hair.  With box braids, synthetic "braid hair" is needed to fill in the space where the braiding of her own hair would have created. 

@saritanatasharoldan:  The texture of "braid hair" as well as the skill to do box braids are not easily found in Vietnam.  I read on a blog some years ago about ONE salon with a stylist who had some specialty in Afro hair, but that's in Hanoi.

Cornrow braids would have been a bit easier.  I saw a woman having her cornrow done at Bai Sau (Back Beach) in Vung Tau, and more cornrow braiders in Thailand.

I have no idea and I have no experience, I just suggested what to do.

I'll send u the number of the guy that makes my box braids so u give him a call and locate his saloon

Hi @Chikadiana. Can you send me the no of your box braid guy too. I am interested. Thank you.

Please forward that number to me as well . I am thinking of moving to Hai Phong and a hair dresser that can do braids would def cut my stress down a bunch.

Thanks

Hey @Chikadiana could you send me his number it would help a lot!!! Thank youu

May I please get the contact info for hair braiding please? Thank you

xxx collins

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : Please avoid sharing your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thank you @chikadiana1984

Hi could you please send me the details also please?

Hey,
Eve's beauty salon in district 2, Thao Dien. She does braids and locks and cornrow. I think she is Nigerian.
Search for her page on facebook Eve's Beauty Salon.
All the best!

Thank you so much!!!!!

Eve's Beauty Salon - facebook

Thank you so much that helps a lot, is that far from Ho Chi Minh?

Could you send me the link please?

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Please register your services in the business directory.

facebook.com/Vietnamluxurybraids/ That one :) It's in District 2, Ho Chi Minh City

Yes

Thank you  :top:

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Please register your services in the business directory.

Hey,
I don't know how to copy the link using my phone.
She is located in Thao Dien, District 2, Ho Chi Minh. It's maybe 15 minutes from the city.
Ill keep trying to share her page.

I'm planning on moving to Saigon, and was wondering if they do braids!! I want to be on the beach with my braided hair living life.

Hey,

Yes my friend can do them for you

I'm glad here are quick responses. I am so excited about this move. Can you please tell me what it's like living in Saigon as a person of colour. And what the cost of living and life in general is in Vietnam. Is it safe for females living there. Will I be able to make friends easily being an expat and what things people do for fun on the weekend. I'm from South Africa by the way. :) Would e lovely to hear different perspectives.

Interested how do I reach u.

Who,s that pls can I get the link as well,I desperately need to make my hair

It's easier to talk maybe on Facebook

Yeah, I'm ****** on Facebook. What are your usernames?

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security
rosuenicholas wrote:

Yeah, I'm ***** on Facebook. What are your usernames?

Please share personal contact info through the PM System.  Thank you.

Hey I am searching Facebook and not finding her do you have a number

Is your friend still available?

Hello.I will be moving to Saigon from NYC in 2021. I have  had  some hair braiding experience in America and  I also am able to do all kinky textured hair..  I am comfortable with some corn rolls, sew in weaves, crochets styles, two strand twists ,braids and some more( not too time consuming) styles. I awill be moving to Saigon 2021. I will love to  offer you one free service as practice for me when I arrive.

Mnb4784 wrote:

Hello.I will be moving to Saigon from NYC in 2021. I have  had  some hair braiding experience in America and  I also am able to do all kinky textured hair..  I am comfortable with some corn rolls, sew in weaves, crochets styles, two strand twists ,braids and some more( not too time consuming) styles. I awill be moving to Saigon 2021. I will love to  offer you one free service as practice for me when I arrive.

Thank you...