About visa

Hi sampath sir your answers are really helping me I have a query sir, my brother recently worked in Oman as an accountant for a trading company he worked for 17 months as his visa tenure is 2years.  Due to company financial problems my brother has cancelled his visa and he has taken NOC also. But he wanted to do job in Oman only but in another company. So may he come to Oman or he has to wait til previous job contact period is over??.he has another opportunity in other company but they are saying that your visa time has to be expired. Its nearly half year he has to wait as per his visa expiry date or do we have any other alternate way to figure out this problem. Plz help me.

Hi Munwar,

Your post is confusing ...

An expatriate's employment visa gets cancelled at the airport prior to the expatriate employee's return for good.

Once the visa gets cancelled, it becomes null and void. So where's the question of waiting for it to expire - after its expiry ?

And if that expatriate has the last employer's NOC, he / she is free to enter the Sultanate anytime, on any type of valid visa.

The 2-year wait period applies only for those expatriates who exit the country upon cancelling their employment visa and DO NOT have their last employers NOC.

He has cancelled his visa  in the company premises itself and he has NOC of company sponsorer sir

Thanks sumitran sir tell me is he free to sign another contract in Oman sir

Sumitran sir you been superb, keep helping expatriates thanks alot for your valuable time

Munwar wrote:

He has cancelled his visa  in the company premises itself and he has NOC of company sponsorer sir

Hi Munwar,

This is not possible.

An employee / employer cannot cancel any visa within their company.

It has to be done at the designated government venues only.

An NOC is a separate issue, which is a purely internal document between the employee and the employer.

The employment visa is not an internal issue. It is a formal, government document.

Ok I understood sir thanks once again