How to make friends in Honduras

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals and other expats) when you're living in Honduras :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Honduras??

Thanks in advance for your participation

i am traveling to san pedro sula feb 14 for 10 days..i currently live in costa rica, single mature female, i would like to know if anyone has a guest house i can rent for the 10 days i will be there. i had planned to stay in a hostel...have seen several online. if you have any suggestions i would love to hear back. i also would be willing to exchange with anyone interested in visiting costa rica. i reside in alajuela, 10 minutes from the airport san jose, nice comfortable house, 3br/2ba., i would appreciate hearing from anyone regarding my trip to honduras..will be  arriving by plane. thanks laura

Expat.com wrote:

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals and other expats) when you're living in Honduras :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Honduras??

Thanks in advance for your participation

As anywhere in the world if you want to meet people you can't sit on your sofa and wait. Get out there an explore !! What are you interested in ? Hiking, nighlife, shopping, eating out ?!? Go out and do what you like and ou will be surprized how many people in one day you can easily meet,by simply saying hello. There are many shy people too including myself that have broken this by getting out and around town. Shopping and restaraunts I beieve are the easiest places to meet people. Start off with the mall one day and end the day at Expat's rest. for some food and a beverage.

Cheers

Chris

It's easy! Just be friendly, respectful and smile a lot and always have something to say anyways most of hondurans are friendly so making friends it's not a very hard thing to do.