Expand your social circle in Honduras

Hello everyone,

Moving to Honduras means leaving one's family and friends behind. Creating a circle of friends or joining an existing one should therefore be paramount in order to fight loneliness in your host country.

But how can one develop a social network in Honduras? Where and how to meet people there?

How easy is it to meet locals? What about cultural specificities?

Share your advice and experience!

Many thanks in advance,

Priscilla

Hello my name is Jorge. I am a honduran living in Tegucigalpa. If you are interested in a cup of coffee or a coffee slurpee (delicious), or playing tennis or riding light enduro trails in HN, give me a call at xxx
Saludos!

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello - I am looking to move to Honduras, was there for the first time in May. I am seriously looking at Copan, where I have spent some time, I am going to Roatan in December with a friend, and am looking at places where I move to.  I have lived outside of the USA, before and am very anxious to re-locate to a new area. After looking at some other countries, I am very drawn to Honduras. So I am open to creating networks and friends in Honduras.  Not there yet, it is time for go forward.  Peggy D.

Hello Bhavna. Just curious. This post is about social meeting. What if someone wants to come to Tegucigalpa and meet for a cup of coffee?
Best regards,

Hello everyone,

@ Jorge777, actually this topic has been launched by the Expat.Com team which Priscilla forms part of so that expatriates may provide infos on the following questions :

But how can one develop a social network in Honduras? Where and how to meet people there?

How easy is it to meet locals? What about cultural specificities?

It will help those who want to expand their social circle.

As for coffee or meet ups, it is better to organise one by creating a new topic on the Honduras forum, exchange with members and when a date, time, meeting point is confirmed, you may publish the event in the Events in Honduras so as members can join in.

Now if there is only one member, you may exchange your contact details via the private messaging system. Click on the member's avatar, you will find the options "Add contact" and " Send a message" on the timeline picture.

All the best,
Bhavna

:cheers:

This is a really good question Priscilla. I keep my circle of friends small. As I have been in Honduras for a long time, I know people and communicate with the one´s I trust. Not speaking Spanish makes everything difficult. I would try to associate with a trusted American, Canadian, and/or Brit and move into that particular circle of friends. Avoid individuals who drink excessively or use drugs. Individuals active in sports may be your choice, if you are active. Hey, how about joining a gym? Common interests can bring friendships. If you meet someone who is employed that is a good sign that they are stable. Be careful! As the saying goes, "If you want to leave Honduras with a small fortune, bring down a large one."