Consultancy services rendered but clients (companies) not paying up!

Hi all, my first post here and hope to get some feedback from you guys..

My vietnamese people are telling me that there are actually some clients especially the big companies who will NOT PAY up after consultancy services is rendered. Is that true? And when that happens, what can we do about it? In Singapore, we go by the legal way.. but here, is it effective? I doubt so right.....

I think that if you have any official document(s) such as contract/agreement as foundation for the collaboration, you could pursue legal measures in case of conflict.

Hi, thank you so much for your reply!! But does it work here? My staff was telling me that most big companies get away with it because we are not able to "fight" with them. Is that true?

If the company is connected to the government in some way, they generally do what they want. Forget about things being like Singapore, here contracts are worth squat.

Yes understand that I have to forget everything in Singapore. Things are very different here.

So is there any ways we can do to such companies or that is it?

Build payment plan for them.Down payment and before delivery.Good luck.

Your not dealing with honorable people much of the time. So bring plenty of grease and expect to use a lot of it before you get paid anything. Just coming out of the cave. The one highlight of it all is it a good education on why people must be policed, and laws need to be written. Because when we first came out of the cave we acted much the same way they do here.....if you want it take...no need to pay.

Thank you guys for the advice!

colinoscapee wrote:

If the company is connected to the government in some way, they generally do what they want. Forget about things being like Singapore, here contracts are worth squat.

I think the shady companies in this regard are less likely to have close bonds to the government. If they have governments money to spent, they will most likely pay.

But as Robin TKP said: use a payment plan. I wouldn't even work on a contract without a down payment in Germany. You can have several payment milestones to reduce the risk. Or let them pay you by the hour you worked on their project, cash or wire transfer every week or whenever you have accumulate a good amount (whatever it is for you).