Nice residential areas around Alicante close to tram?

We're visiting Alicante this weekend for a week... We've rented a place in Covet Fuma but would like to get a 'feel' for nice areas for future house-hunting...any suggestions?  Security and quietness and close to public transport are essential...thanks !!

Hi

I did a similar thing last year - took the tram from Alicante city and got of to visit small towns. I really liked la Villa joyosa.
Scott

hi Scott.  yes that sounds great..  I would enjoy using the trams.
do you live alone? where in Spain are you based??  Julia

Thanks we rented in Covet Fuma but preferred El Campello... so we're going back again later in the year to get a better feel for the place out of the spring/summer season.

yes el campello has more to offer.. than covets fuma..  San Juan is nice but expensive.  . especially near to coast. Most brits seem to buy in busot.  up the mountain.   Ju

Yes we liked the 'feel' of El Campello...where we rented in Covet Fuma was a bit of a dirt track..and not somewhere I'd want to be by myself.. We looked around the Liceo Frances..which we like...but having done some more research is one of the more expensive areas...perhaps because it's near San Juan?

yes el campello is expensive. mostly retired Spanish businessmen.
I am single lady . and although like this area. am wondering if I could feel a bit isolated.

Well the area we really liked was around Villa Marcos and Liceo Frances.... which from what I can see is expensive... We had a look around and it felt very residential.... and felt more 'safe' to me rather than the Alicante Golf area which seems more isolated... I suppose it all depends on whether you get to speak Spanish!!  We want to start looking as we'd like something that I can go to by myself whilst my husband is working - and improve my Spanish... there were some parts in El Campello where I felt I wouldn't want to be by myself - so I can understand your worries... I do feel that there is something about feeling safe walking back to where you live - especially if you are single!  We're going to go back later this year to see if there are any other areas ... we want some residential and relatively quiet... (we live in a quiet suburb so high-rise apartments aren't for us!) ...good luck with your search... who knows we might bump into each other sometime!!

hi there. - yes the high rise apartments are not for me either.  I would seek a villa or house  with garden and pool preferred.  I suppose the perfect property does not exist..
I too seek to.be near to transport rather than depend on a car.. Busot near El campello is lovely . only five minutes drive to Campello. yet car is essential.  The Villas around Busot are reasonably priced - but there is the issue of not being able to go for a meal and have drinks because someone has to drive home. The Spanish police are strict and vigilant on this issue.. so a more central location would me my preference.   Julia

Yes I agree the perfect property doesn't exist...unless you are a millionaire.... we all have to make compromises..... we'd also like somewhere where you don't have to drive all the time...as I agree it is a hassle if you want to go out for meal/drinks.... we've already rented plenty of places in France...where basically you had to drive everywhere and that isn't always much fun.... good luck with the house-hunting!