Directions on getting information from church records

My mother was born in Orasul Iasi.  We are planning to visit in September this.  I don't know where to get information on his family as I have limited details myself.  Particularly looking for church record birth, marriages death etc. 
I hope someone can guide me
Thanks Kris.

Hello Kristina,

These records are maintained by the Directia Locala de Evidenta a Persoanelor (DLEP) section of the city hall (Primaria), not the church.

Here is the link for the Iasi offices
http://www.dlep-iasi.ro/

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hello Romaniac

Thank you so much for the link.  I will make contact as soon as I get my information together.   

Very grateful..best wishes
Kristina

Hello again Romaniac,
I just accessed the site, unfortunately all in Romanian.  Do not speak Romanian.   Are there agencies that can obtain information for me.  Can you tell me if Orasul is a village.  Iasi seems to be a very large city. 

Thanks again... Kris

Kristina48 wrote:

Hello again Romaniac,
I just accessed the site, unfortunately all in Romanian.  Do not speak Romanian.   Are there agencies that can obtain information for me.  Can you tell me if Orasul is a village.  Iasi seems to be a very large city. 

Thanks again... Kris

Orasul mean "City of".  Yes, Iasi is a fairly large city (pop ~400,000).  I am not aware that there are any agencies that assist with this.  Your likely possibilities are to hire a Romanian lawyer to act on your behalf, or visit the offices with a translator or trusted Romanian speaker.

Thank you for your response, I will try to locate someone in Melbourne to help me with communication, I would like have all the info when I arrive in Romania as we will only be there for a few days.  Best wishes.  Kris.