IT salaries in Romania

Hi all,

I got an opportunity in Romania, for a big multinational company in the sector of gambling. They're requesting my expectation and I am finding a little bit difficult to understand how much ...
Position is IT Architect, in Cluj - Napoca. For comparison, in London is around 75k GBP, in Germany 70k Eur, in Belgium 65k Eur..... but I have no idea for Romania.

Any tip?

Thanks
S

Hi,

Here's an article to give you an idea. It's in Romanian but the chart at the bottom is in English and covers a range of positions that should give you an idea of what to ask for. Note that these are monthly and net, which is about two thirds of the gross salary. They are based on Bucharest wages and are from 2015 (salaries have risen a few percent since then). You should also consider that the cost of living is much lower here than in the UK, Germany or Belgium and a salary in Cluj will probably be slightly less than in Bucharest.

http://stirileprotv.ro/ilikeit/smart-th … istem.html

Most employers will offer you a little less than what you ask for (if they don't, you've undersold yourself) so be prepared to negotiate a little on the salary, assuming your skills are niche enough that they would be willing to fight a little to employ you. Don't ask for too much over the going rate or you'll end up getting filtered out right from the beginning. Expected salaries are usually expressed in net/month rather than gross/PA as in the UK.

I see. So based on the doc, the salary could be around 2600 euro net per month. But, isn't Leu the official currency? How to calculate the gross year salary?

Salaries are often negotiated in Euro, but on the official work contract your salary will be stated in lei.

A net salary of 2600 Euro per month would result from a gross salary of about 44K Euro per year.