How to make friends in Qatar

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals and other expats) when you're living in Qatar :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Qatar??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Expat.com's forums are of course a great way to meet new friends!

Then you've got Souq Waqif which is a great social area to meet people!

Of course there are the huge events that Global DJ's and ILQ sponsor which have some great turn outs :)

Meetup website - http://www.meetup.com/cities/qa/ad-dawhah/

wanna meet up..?? qatar s a small place... ther s a free style futball goin on in souk waqif nw.. come there .. get out of ur homes offices.. and meet up..

I think Expat.com should arrange an annual meeting between its members

Hello,

You could organise an Expat.com meet up by suggesting a place, date and time in a new topic on the Qatar forum. We will stick the thread for better visibility and more. ;)

Mrayes,

I like your idea and will be very fun for members to meet each other in personal as long we know each other from a perfect website.

So, lets meet guys and girls
Friday 6th April @ cafe or souq waqef

i will b there...

But on 6th April, I invite you all to Asia mall, Near airforce signal, Mattar kadeep.. We have a little function arranged there. Its new mall inagurating on the same day...

seems to be a couple of meet ups happening on here now think it would be a good idea if maybe someone was nominated to arrange a regular meet up for members!

no angel.. its like i am inviting for the first tym.. and i never had a chance to see you guys..

Or else i have an Idea.. 7th of April is World Health Day..

it is a nice idea to have friends meeting each other.i would love to meet friends in qatar when i get there so knowing them now is important to me