Namibian seeking employment in Zurich

Hi guys!

I am in the process to make plans to move to Zurich to my boyfriend. I feel a bit overwhelmed in my search for a job!

I have a degree in Human Movement Science and Psychology.

I am qualified for personal training jobs as well as HR jobs as I am currently working for Sage (Global Software company).

Is there anyone who can please give me some direction?

It's very hard for a non-European to find a job in Switzerland, because the company has to prove its doesn't find an European citizen or you have a skills that these last haven't...

Moreover, at the view of your graduation and skills, it's hard probable that you need to speak German language...

Hi

I am fluent in German. So there should be no problem with regards to that.

Ok, so, for that, it's ok (it's true that Namibia was a former German colony with a lot of German heritage :)).

So, the problem is the fact that you are non-European. You must find a company who sponsor you... You must also make recognize your graduate...

Viele Glück :)

It also has to be said there are many forms of German,

Germany . German
Austrian - German
Switzerland - German

They are all different with different dialects.

In the last few years, the Swizz have tightened up employing people outside Switzerland and that includes the EU.

Not impossible but as Steffifi says you will need a company to sponsor you.

Thank you so much! I have a meeting with a recruiter today. So hoping for the best. Otherwise I will be taking everything step by step.

Namibia also has a very special dialect. It is mixed with a lot of our native languages. But I'm pretty sure as soon as I am in a German environment again I will catch on with the dialect.

You guys have been a great help.