Best usages and practices in Belize

Hello everyone,

Living in Belize means learning new ways of doing things and incorporating to your daily life unique practices.

We invite you to share unique practices, tools or methods that could also make a difference in other countries.

For instance, have you recently discovered new rules or habits regarding transportation, the environment or health in Belize? Are there innovative and useful practices or services that make daily life simpler?

Thank you for your contribution.

Priscilla

These questions popped in every so often rarely relate to the Belize I know and live in. they seemed aimed at North american expectations of some sort of "Expat experience" to do some sort of comparison with the life in your homeland.  They always seem to me like a question on an exam paper and  almost expect a choice of A B or C ready made answers bellow the question.

The only practices I know would be laying in a hammock, swimming, fishing, snorkeling, hiking, meeting people, going to restaurants, and night life every day. It couldn't get any simpler than that. I am sure those who are there are practicing thsse techniques as well.

I understand your point, terrific. They are just trying to get conversations going. The expat community is international and goes in all kinds of directions. And people expatriate for many reasons. Some are going away from, some are going toward, and some just dig the experience of doing something radically different. So some of these questions won't be a fit. That's ok. Anyone is welcome to start threads that seem more relevant.

That said, sloputtputt is about right. The world could benefit from a more Belizean lifestyle.

Especially, when the atmosphere is laid back, do as you will way of life. think the only practice would be learning the different languages and customs.

Yeah  i  Know they are just conversation starters. They seem to throw these questions in when they see a lull on the forum, Just wish they could find some questions that would be more appropriate for those looking at and living in very un-western styled countries.  This asking  for rules about transportation seemed particularly off, are they talking public transport, which  in Belize consists of  old busses and is cheap I am sure there are some regulations, but not that obvious. Or are they wanting to know how one gets around the country. Old but quite expensive  vehicles in the most. As i said a lot of these conversation starters probably work fine if you are an expat say in Europe, or Japan just not so much in Central America.

Terrific...why are you making it so complicated?  Each country has their own ways of life and naturally people who are visiting the countries will ask questions. What is a western style country? I hope you won't say, a country influenced by the USA.

Soputtputt  what was complicated just hoping for once a conversation starter could be more relative to a third world country like Belize and have the western country expat forums saying not that relevant to this forum. By western style country, as I said before  like European countries,  Hong kong, now China Isreal or Japan.  All non north American, but  very much western countries.  As i am not actually American I do not automatically use it as the only idea of western life styles.
I was also meaning countries that actually had several choices of transport. Made up roads all over the country not only a handful in total. I love Belize for so many reasons but I would find it hard to find the Tools and/or methods that can also make a difference in other countries.
The main thing I find in Belize is you have to take it slow because Manyana means in a hurry.