Bringing 2 dogs in from S A??!!

Hi Guys

We maybe relocating to Mauritius from South Africa an we have 2 dogs we would like to bring over. We bought our boxer over from Spain an now we have another dog too!!:) We are more than happy to relocate with our jobs, but worried about our gorgeous pups!!

Any information would be great!!
Cheers all
B :D

Hi

We recently read an article in the newspaper about MU estate agents being upset with government as they are loosing sales and rental income because apparently government does not allow expats to bring in pets any longer...Pls just double check this.
Kind regards

Hello

yes it seems that the Govt isn't allowing people to bring their dogs along. Pleas check on the previous threads as this has been discussed before.

YAY... They have now lifted the ban an dogs are allowed in!!!:)

yes my 2 daschunds have arrived 6 weeks ago... so they are allowing dogs in. I see lots of dogs in the quarantine when i go. The ban was a fight I fought hard to lift, as we moved here on the premise that our dogs join us from Cape Town. We arrived to be told the law had a ban on.... So we were stuck here already and our pooches waiting in SA to be allowed entrance. All is well that ends well. Definately contact the department of veterinary services and get the permit before you intend on coming. They usually give you a 6 month window on the permit. Lots of tests to do and it takes about 4-5 months to get the ready (test wise). it costs quite a bit with tests and transport, but well worth it!

Hi guys,
i currently bought an alaskan malamute. I am planning to bring the puppy to Mauritius soon. I have already contacted the People concerned thanks to the addresses you gave me above. Iim still waiting for an answer from them. I would like to ask you if you had to pay for the air ticket for the puppy and also how much did the tests and transport cost?
Thanks