Opportunities for Adventure near Dangriga, Belize

I am interested in purchasing investment property in Dangriga which I might retire to in a few years. In the meantime, i would like to make it available as a vacation rental. I understand compared to the more touristy areas rates are quite a bit lower ... so I would want to market to people who are not afraid to go off the beaten track. These are the people that want to be comfortable but not to the standard of an American Hotel... they are not looking for clubs and night life, but for outdoor activities and adventure: Kayaking, Zip Lining, Fishing, Hiking, Mountain Climbing, Quading, Horseback Riding, Tubing, Snorkeling, Scuba diving, Sailing, etc. So I have two questions. What are the opportunities for adventure around Dangriga...besides the 4 to 10 things I can find on an internet search? Things outside of the sanitized tour groups. The other question is once i have secured a property, is there a company in the US or Canada that promotes or markets these types of properties to an adventurous clientele?

Airbnb...I heard that most people that have property there, use Airbnb to rent out.

Yes. I have heard that too. But AirBB seems a little too passive to me. I am looking for somebody to bring my property to the attention of outdoor adventurers. Nightly and weekly rentals are not likely to cover my monthly outlay ... as proces are much lower than other areas, so I can't afford just to wait around to see who clicks on my property.

BCLawrence wrote:

I am interested in purchasing investment property in Dangriga which I might retire to in a few years. In the meantime, i would like to make it available as a vacation rental.

If you haven't been there, I would suggest you put boots on ground and explore the area in person before putting a lot of effort into this project.

Look at VRBO.com and AIRBNB.com for Dangriga, to see what properties are renting for now in high season.

BCLawrence wrote:

Yes. I have heard that too. But AirBB seems a little too passive to me. I am looking for somebody to bring my property to the attention of outdoor adventurers. Nightly and weekly rentals are not likely to cover my monthly outlay ... as proces are much lower than other areas, so I can't afford just to wait around to see who clicks on my property.

In Belize, I think the only one you might find to do what you want, is going to be you.  ;)

Like I said in my first post, your Boots on the ground...  Then see if you want to do this in this area at all.

you will need to go down there and walk the streets to find out what is for sale and talk to locals to determine what expats have found an honest RE agent. That area is Garifuna so cultural activities like drumming are available.  You might find Hopkins more suitable as it has better beaches and is only a few miles from Dangriga which has a grungy reputation.  Cave tubing, caves, river fishing, fly fishing, jungle hiking, maya medicinal plants,  Maya ruins, kayaking, deep sea fishing, birding, horseback riding, thai massage, herbal wax, yoga, star gazing, cooking classes, chocolate and rum tours are all available.  Spend some time looking around this page, those ads are there because they are tied into Belize.  you pay by the hit up to a set limit.   Use instagram and youtube for armchair tours.

Once you find your property the best way to reach the adventure seekers you want to attract will be by a good web page, perhaps linked to an Airbnb  add.

Tobacco Caye is a great spot to visit from Dangriga.