Recycling in San Juan

How do we recycle in San Juan? Is it even possible? Are there recycling drop off centers? Do any recycling companies offer pick up? I have searched this online but not found any useful information.

I live near Calle Loiza in Santurce, for what it's worth.

Thanks!

Here is a PDF of recycling facilities and what they manage.

As a side note, some municipalities are more on board with recycling than others. About a year ago we finally received a recycling center for our complex in Vega Baja. The bins are always full though.  I think they are working on getting more containers. From the literature I have read, Arecibo has been pretty aggressive as well in that department. Would be interested in hearing from others how their municipalities are handing recycling.

When we lived in Miramar a recycling truck would come down the street once a week and if we left a bag marked reciclaje it would get picked up. When we later moved to Condado we were in a bigger building and there was no recycling :( I don't know about Calle Loiza.

Where do we recycle in the Areciebo?  Do they accept all types of recycled materials?

Hey Sitka,

There is some info on Arecibo in the link above. I believe my in laws get curbside recycling and trash, I will have to double check though.