The experience so far..my story from the ground perspective!!!

This is my story, short and curt. I made it, finally.

I am coming to this forum after a long gap. Moving to Canada was always a dream. Never thought it would transpire one day.  I started exploring the option of immigration in 2011 under Quebec Skilled Worker (QSW) program only to realise that the language proficiency rules changed sporadically. I never gave up and decided to explore another option. My occupation never made it to the FSW in demand occupation list. Dejected. Then I read about Express Entry System and understood it thoroughly. Bingo, I hit the bull's eye. I was awarded provincial nomination from Ontario and easily made it through the Express Entry system.

It has been five months since I arrived in Toronto as a landed immigrant and my memoir is motley of fun, fear, nervousness, excitement, success, failures and uncalled challenges. Canada is very embracing and receptive for new comers like me. It graciously accepts people from different nationalities, ethnicity, race and religion as one extended family. There are plenty of job opportunities available, though it becomes slightly difficult initially to break through. The captivating natural landscape is something that cannot be described in words.

Housing is affordable and typically varies according to the individual's budget and family members. A spacious one bedroom in a midtown apartment along with kitchenette, living room, wash room and a small den would ideally cost CAD$1000-1200 including all utilities. Internet and laundry are separate. The rent works out cheaper if basements are preferred.

The transit is exemplary, very well organized and extremely safe and secured. The best part is it covers the entire city.

All in all, a great decision to explore the option of immigration.

In case if you need any further assistance, just don't hesitate to drop me a message or an email.

Best regards
-Nirav

Thank you for sharing. Did you move alone?. I want to move to Canada but I'm on my own and have no family or friends there. I am very scared.

Hi Lee2017.

First of all, thank you for the kind gesture of reaching out to me.

Yes, I moved alone. Even I was scared to relocate as I had no one here. No friends, no relatives. It was a huge and binding decision. While it may take some time for someone, somehow every individual starts familiarizing with this country. It has been six months now since I arrived.

Your determination plays an important role here. So if you are determined, make every possible effort to reach your destination.

Good luck and God bless.

Thank you for the reply. I plan to start the process soon. I do hope job hunting isn't too difficult. I have a master's degree in financial management and I hope to work in the financial sector. I would like to secure a job before I move. In the mean time my first step is to take the language assessment.