Close

New members of the Chile forum, introduce yourself here – 2017

Hi all,

Newbie on the Chile forum? Don’t know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Chile if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Chile forum, introduce yourself here – 2016 continues below!

Hey my name is Grace lwaboshi i'm from congo i would like to go n live in chile cz some of my relatives live there is a familly i knew that went went the long time ago....i was born in 1995 in congo and has been raised up by my father only my mom passed long time ago but unlucky. When i got in grade 12 my father passed also i just started providing for myself no one on this earth could help in 20114 i decided. To take refugee in South africa but still the same as it was in congo i decided to back again in 2016 i spoke to a familly that left congo long time ago and the advised. Me to ho to the internet and found some companies like this if i can be granted a visa thn the will welcome me in their home..my big dream is to futher my stydies i only got matric but if once i got to chile i can do my best working very hard and going to varsity to get my dreams achieved some one help pls!

Hi everyone,

I'm a South African who's hoping to move to Chile this year. I hope to settle somewhere quiet in the Lakes District.

I'm seeking a peaceful, stable, non-violent country with beautiful scenery and a moderate climate. Chile seems to tick all the boxes!

As I'm employed and work remotely, I would be looking at the jubilado y rentista visa. So far my main worries are getting high speed internet, subjecting my dog to a very long flight and getting all of my documents correctly notarized, apostiled and translated!

I've been learning Spanish for a year and am looking forward to being able to master ser vs estar, para vs por and all of the verb tenses!

Best,
BJ

BJZa :

Hi everyone,

I'm a South African who's hoping to move to Chile this year. I hope to settle somewhere quiet in the Lakes District.

I'm seeking a peaceful, stable, non-violent country with beautiful scenery and a moderate climate. Chile seems to tick all the boxes!

As I'm employed and work remotely, I would be looking at the jubilado y rentista visa. So far my main worries are getting high speed internet, subjecting my dog to a very long flight and getting all of my documents correctly notarized, apostiled and translated!

I've been learning Spanish for a year and am looking forward to being able to master ser vs estar, para vs por and all of the verb tenses!

Best,
BJ

Hi BJ, I'm another Saffer considering Chile.. but its early days for me in the process.

I'm looking for a moderate climate too.. 

I would appreciate people's input on this subject!

Diane

JR here. I'm thinking about spending some time in Valparaiso. Maybe a considerable amount of time. I'd like to hear from any artists and/or teachers living in the city, specifically writers and musicians. Or those who teach English language, or English literature courses.

And...any blues or groove jazz musicians in Valparaiso?? Are there gigs available?

Hello! I just moved to Valpo area at the end of January. I am from the US, originally from Los Angeles CA. I am an English teacher here, and I would love to meet some other expats who are living in the area 😃

Hi all
I am considering a job offer in Ontoro.
We are a family of 4 and would like to know if there are any public english medium schools or is private school the best option.
We are all very exited about this oppertunity but the kids education is a big worry!
Thanks!
We are in South Africa.

Expatriate health insurance in Chile

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Chile

Moving to Chile

Find tips from professionals about moving to Chile

Travel insurance in Chile

Enjoy stress-free travel to Chile

Flights to Chile

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Chile