New member here!

Hi!
I'm Razan. I'm really interested in meeting American expats here since I love English so much, especially the American accent :)

Hello! I am from Philippines.I also love American accent as well and hopefully develope more one of these days.

Hello RazanSB

What sort of American accent do you love? Southern? Midwest? West? NYC? African American ?

I personally prefer the NYC/Italian mob Tony Soprano accent- watchu doin Phil? r u outta ya mind ?

And when I meet my homies/honeys from 305 or LA I just busts out some dawg type accent...u know i'm sayin

But oh boy, when I'm in Texas drivin and those rangers pull me and talk to me in hilly billy accent .... I lose ma mind....

yhangzki79 wrote:

Hello! I am from Philippines.I also love American accent as well and hopefully develope more one of these days.

There are lots of ways to improve your English language to talk like a native but first you need to learn how to listen to learn how to speak.  I myself enjoy listening to people with different accent then I mimick :). But I don't see lots of them everyday, only few Americans coming in requesting for an appointment with my boss.

However, I took a DIET (Diction, Intonation, Enunciation Training) back in our country and worked in a call center for few months while waiting for my visa to KSA, so it was really helpful.

You can do one thing....search for pronunciation podcasts and videos on the net, might work with you. If you prefer practicing with a buddy, I guess you should converse with your foreign colleagues, not necessarily, an American.

Goodluck!

Hi everyone,

Please note that some posts have been removed from this thread.

Thanks,

Priscilla

RazanSB wrote:

Hi!
I'm Razan. I'm really interested in meeting American expats here since I love English so much, especially the American accent :)

Well, you might be need to find some friends and try to talk personally i am sure it will help you a lot...
Conversation face to face on different topics can improve your speaking and listening power, I did that all the time with my clients while their visit to my company.