Is it possible for a girl from China marry a Saudi?

I am currently dating a Saudi, as I know it is not allowed to do so, but we met each other in university in Australia and we have been dating for a year already. Our love for each other is so strong, and we are considering marriage, however there are some obstacles to pass through before we make our decision.
So, I have been watching youtube these days, and I basically know the Saudi culture is very different from Chinese, like you must cover yourself from head to toe when you go out, and when you want to go out you must accompanied by your husband. Also, from my boyfriend, I know that Saudi culture tends to marry from the same family, especially for those big families.
I just wonder, is it possible for me to marry a Saudi?

P.S. I am a Christian, I know I need to convert if I marry him

sims, first of all its good to know that the relationship between both of you is strong, to answer your question frankly, you both can marry, but consider a few questions yourself.

1. Can you handle the culture difference (its huge)
2. If the Saudi is Muslim, which i think he is you can marry him only if you ARE muslim too, if you people plan to marry here in KSA. Can you convert your Religion? Can you wholeheartedly accept Islam. In islam its the Intention that matters not the worldy objectives. You have to sincerely convert to Islam otherwise it may be void.
3. According to Saudi laws, you have to rely on your husband for majority of tasks and in case any thing comes to court the justice will heavily weigh in favour of the Saudi.

There are many other things that look minor in the beginning but may pose big problems if provoked.There are many articles on the internet regarding what foreign wives of Saudis have gone thru, do a little research, you will get a indept idea what to expect. Anyway i hope you a good future, think deeply/ ask for advice, but in the end do what your heart says.

Forgive me friends if there may be anything i said is incorrect.

Please note that Jewish and Christian females DO NOT need to conbert to Islam to marry a Muslim man as per the Shariah Law.

However, you have to be prerpared to learn and accepot the ways, culture, lifestyle and manners of the Arabs if yoy intend marrying one and opting to live in Saudi Arabia. You have toi study, discuss, and understand tghis aspect very well before yopu make up your mind. One cannbot simply live on love and fresh air, remember...!

thank you for the above response!

I do want to know more about the Saudi cultures.
I read blogs of foreigners living in Saudi, some is very horrible and some are very happy. I've also been watching youtube on life of Saudi Women.

However, I am a foreigner that haven't been to Saudi before, what I read and watch is the only information I can know about Saudi. However, blogs maybe too personal experience or maybe exaggerated for some of the stories, and watching youtube I'm afraid the translations are wrong! Also, the videos I've watch is from a viewpoint of a native Saudi Woman, which maybe different from what a foreigner see.

So I do hope anybody reading this post can give me more information on Saudi cultures and laws, so that I can try to analysis whether this marriage is worth it.

Thank you!

Check this FB post out:-

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/grou … 491&ref=nf

Why not until you are very honest about it? If you really love Saudi guy i don't think u need to worry about culture and his religion.Moreover when you are married to a muslim man you wil get to know true image of muslims.Please don;t judge muslim and saudi by the propaganda of media and people with bad notions.Go on and enjoy your life.

Immu,

true but sometimes people 'revert back' to their culture once home and again under the influence of their families.

My point is, this man she knew and loved in Australia may be a very different guy in his homeland.  Something to consider.

Sims, read the thread in this forum where we have already discussed this topic with an American girl.

Best wishes.

Immu: although both of us love each other, but marriage is not solely about 2 person, but is 2 families, so I hope I do not take a wrong step and upset both of our families, therefore I put up this post and want to listen more, but thank you for your support:)

Alliecat: I've read the American girl's story, that's why I am posting this post, as America is different from China, actually to be exact, I am from HK, is a place with "East-meet-West" culture due to our historical background, so I think this is another special case, and my bf is from Riyadh, so will it be more difficult for us to get married?

The way I see it, you're not a special case--it's a foreigner marrying a Saudi, plain and simple.  Any foreigner is going to have more or less the same difficulties married to a national, living in KSA and being part of an extended family.

i give  you some tips=== i 'm not that expert but hope this will help you smis,

1= you cant go out side with any other man excluding your blood relation ( just bro, son , husband allowed with you,)

2 = cloth difference is must,  u cant live total open style.  all  is  there  but  in  certain manner,

3= you cant drive car even in emergency,

4= saudi is a beautiful country  with a strong law's which  is must to understand, so better if you ask  5000 more question   based on daily life,      this will be much better
for you,

5= I know a Saudi girl  from  over 1 year and as i see Saudi from her eyes  woman are in very much good condition there.

6 = only danger i give you is that if you face any domestic violence case, then you cant not go outside from KSa without permeation of your husband, ( i called it slavery) so point is once your in Saudi Arabia, you not allowed to go out until your husband allow you,...all  way in  is  here.   but  only  one  way  out......

7 = better you come to saudi with work  permit(visa) and before getting married to your boyfriend feel the country and Law's by your own eye's.... (remember marry can be done anytime.but no way back then) . 

8= i have a blog on Saudi topic, visit  it and see if it will help you sister. http://www.saudiarabiatravels.blogspot.com/

9= i repeat that me not an expert so correct me if i make any mistake in my statement ( only purpose to help the girl)

10 = being Muslim  and practicing Islam is not that hard, ( I'm not Muslim but i know its very religious life as Muslim) so if  you convert to Islam ( by wish or for you love) in both way it is your benefit.