High School assessment

We have just arrived in Manila from South Africa and would like to know the procedure of getting a child into high school. I believe children have to be assessed first? I would appreciate first hand experience please, thank you

Hello Oreilly-    I started to draft a reply to your query but I accidentally pressed a button and it disappeared.  Don't know where it went.   Anyway, best I start start over.   
  The best and most authoritative source to answer your query, I believe, would be the school itself or the Dept of Education in the Philippines....rather than the Expat forum.  When I moved to California from the Philippines during my high school years....my uncle with whom I was staying then, simply took my high school credentials from the Philippines to the school I was going to attend to be assessed and I was called in for a short interview.  That's all there is to it.  I didn't have to take an English proficiency test to determine my level of English comprehension because all of the subjects I took in the Philippines (save for National Language (Filipino)) were given in the English language.  It's pretty much the same process the other way around...such as when I returned to the Philippines during college and enrolled in a course at University of the Philippines.
  Best of luck to you and your family.

Thank you so much, the school we wish for her to attend have said we need to have an assessment done priorbtonher joining

Then they should be able to tell you where to go to have her credentials evaluated.  Or you can check with dept of education in the Philippines for assistance in this matter.

Thank you

This is my experience, I jumped into a school here but I was later asked to stop because it wasn't accredited by the Bureau of Immigration. So kindly visit the Immigration office in Manila. They will give you all the list of High school that are accredited to accept foreigners. I nearly paid 20k fine but thanks to God and the explanation I gave saved me.   
Their assessment is normal as we have in Africa. English, Maths and Science with little Tagalog.  It's pretty cool.

Thank you! We are applying at the Integrated Montessori School, the international schools are very expensive. I hope that is an accredited school! Do we have to wait for our residence visas before applying for schools?

I am working in a school that accept foreigners for we are accredited in bureau of immigration.. But yes I agree that there is a need of assessment that he/she will have to take on the school itself (guidance more likely).. And if she/he pass, you need to submit some necessary documents.. In case of lacking docs, try to negotiate and make any promissory notes on the registrar to submit the same within prescribed period, if the school classes has started already..

Good luck!

Thank you!

Hello.

I'm working as Asst Principal in a government school.  Please bring your child's school report card to the government school or private school where you want your child to be enrolled. 

We  do assessments and appraisal and we put him into a validation test if necessary. 

Have a nice day.

I don't understand this story of school accredited by immigration bureau!  You can put your child in any school you want in the Philippines!!

Ssorry my mistake! I was thinking of binationals!

Thank you so much, the school we are enrolling her in told me to go to the Dept Education for a certificate of eligibility, they then told me to go to Foreign affairs for red ribbon certification. Foreign affairs won't do foreign documents so they all have to be sent back to South Africa to be authenticated by the department of education there and then get red ribbon certified at the Ph embassy in South Africa . I really don't know what to do now.

I am also confused about this... it is very frustrating