Do I need to study German language in the Philippines

I need some advice because I don't know what I'm going to do I get sponsor from germany she will provide of course visa and all expenses . My work there is a housemaid my question is Do I need to study German language in Philippines even I had university degree I'm 29yrs.old. I can't get Au pair visa because of my age.I don't have time and I need to spend money for this german language.I will go back in manila on december because of finished contract I'm thinking if I will grab this oppurtunity.

Hallo und willkommen!!

If you are in a budget or you want to learn at your spare time, you can just download free German lessons.  Of course, nothing beats personal or in a class when there is interaction, but this is better than none.

There is a very good language app.  It's called Duolingo.  Try to download it.

Good luck!

Many people in Germany will also speak English.  I've been many times and only speak English.

I suggest asking your sponsor if this is needed.  They may all speak English too.

But the free lesson options would of course be very useful/educational anyway.

yes, you need to study german in their accredited german school. you can check it the german embassy

I think its a kind disrespectful towards your sponsor not to learn the language, even she can speak English.
At least you can try to learn some basic phrases.

Primadonna wrote:

I think its a kind disrespectful towards your sponsor not to learn the language, even she can speak English.
At least you can try to learn some basic phrases.

Hence the idea that she does the free courses available.

However, with many jobs like that, the sponsor is happy to teach the local language, especially if the pay rate is much lower than a local rate.  A bit of give and take.  We were always happy to teach English to people that stayed with us. We felt it was a fair trade.

But, Witty Monkey says she MUST learn it, and in an accredited school, to work as a housemaid in Germany anyway.
It seems the rules for Germany are a bit over the top, compared to other countries.