Best ranked universities in the Philippines ?

Does anyone know which universities are best ranked in the Philippines, in computer science /software architecture fields ?

Thanh you in advance for your replies !

Based on what I googled, the  the University of the Philippines Los Banos has a good IT program (http://www.ics.uplb.edu.ph/). For Architecture, it was also UP plus the University of Santo Tomas (UST.)

Computer Science- De La Salle University- Taft

Architecture- University of Sto. Thomas- Espana

Both- University of the Philippines-Diliman (Hardest to get into)

Great !
Thank you xpatinphils and Vin30 for your replies !

Do you know if one of these univ has a "surrounding" active in start-up creations, R&D ventures, or such initiatives ? I mean a "Standford-like" dynamics ?

Also, do you know if, beside the official university websites, there is a culture in the Phils of former students associations, with a website or some similar contact point ?
especially for UP Los Banos, De La Salle Univ Taft,
UP Diliman)?

Thank you !

In the visayas / southern realm, I suggest IT park in Cebu as one of the places to look into when considering start up communities.

Google "tech talks from cebu and beyond meetup". Maybe you can join and ask folks there for more info. They have meetups concerning start ups and the like here and there.

Or search the meetup site for bustling tech / start up communities in Manila. Good luck!

Mapua Institute of Technology

Makati Branch for Computer Science
Intramuros Branch for Architecture

In late 2009, it was appointed as the Cisco Academy Training Center (CATC) for “CCNA Security” for the whole of South Asia, a choice made by Cisco after vetting schools in eight countries.

Hi sir. One university at the top of my mind now is Mapua Institute Of Technology.

New Era University is the best Universities around the world and the proof show in ABB Automations and Power Technologies,www.ABB.com,rank no.1 on ABB records,belong to the top of power of triangle and belong to the FIRST ORGANIZATION,follow by great Universities around the world like University of Oxford rank no.2 on ABB records and Harvard University rank no.3 on ABB records.Kanazawa Institute of Technology rank no.1 on circle and recorded in ABB records and also belong to FIRST ORGANIZATIONS.And the last TopUniversities found at Milky Way(Philippines) is our lady of Fatima University rank no.1 on square and belong to IMHO(International Medical Health Organizations)and recorded in SGS records.

Actually here in Philippines the very good school universities is - University of the Philippines Diliman for- software architecture.
I recommend you the good and highly intellectual school in visayas is Cebu Institute of Technology - University for Computer Science.

on-the-spot-golbz.blogspot.com - Top School in the Philippines

riameme wrote:

Mapua Institute of Technology

Makati Branch for Computer Science
Intramuros Branch for Architecture

In late 2009, it was appointed as the Cisco Academy Training Center (CATC) for “CCNA Security” for the whole of South Asia, a choice made by Cisco after vetting schools in eight countries.

:thanks:

Nice school. I came from Mapua and I can vouche for it's quality.

There is actually no official ranking of Philippine universities.

If the question is which Philippine University that is academically recognized ? the answer to your question is only

"Univerity of the Philippines' and its branches.

If you are going to study again outside of Philippines, your transcript from UP is transferrable.

Other universities, its all hype but not substantiated.

An honest opinion, you do not get supervisory rank if you graduated in one of the local universities.

The best ranked schools in the Philippines, according to a recent survey are University of the Philippines, Ateneo de Manila University, and De La Salle University.  It's best if you check out their campuses and look at their curriculum yourself.

University of the Philippines, based on some surveys, they have been in the top rank for several years.

There are 21 schools in the Philippines that were considered as Center for Excellence in Computer Science by CHED-Commission on Higher Education in 2012. Most are from NCR and Luzon. Below are the latest list per region.

Ateneo de Manila University NCR
De La Salle University NCR
East Asia College  NCR
Polytechnic University of the Philippines  NCR
University of the Philippines-Diliman  NCR
Baguio Colleges Foundation CAR
Lorma College  1
University of La Sallette  2
Angeles University Foundation  3
De La Salle University-Dasmariñas  4
University of the Philippines, Los Baños
Ateneo de Naga 5
Southern Luzon Technological College Foundation Inc. -Legazpi  5
University of Negros Occidental-Recoletos 6
Cebu Institute of Technology 7
Asian Development Foundation College 8
St. Columban College 9
Misamis University 10
Ateneo de Davao University  11
Notre Dame of Marbel University 11
Mindanao State University-Iligan
Instituteof Technology  12

SOURCE: http://en.wikipilipinas.org/index.php?t … Excellence

All these info are really worth. We are on a hiring spree and this helps a lot ! Thanks everyone :-)