Region free DVD player

Does anyone know where to buy one in Saigon?  Nguyen Kim salespeople didn't even know what I was talking about.  I'm actually looking for a Blu-Ray player that has region free DVD playback -- Blu-Ray doesn't matter because the US and Vietnam have the same region.

I doubt Vietnam and USA are the same region. I have a few Vietmanese CDs that won't play on my USA Playstation 4 or my USA Laptop.

Zep--

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer … =200492990

Seems that you are both correct in a way.  Depending on the format, DVD's US and VN are in different regions and Blu-Ray, the same.  China is different in both cases.

If you're stuck, is there a suitable player available for a computer?
If so you can do as I did and convert your collection to something you can store on a hard drive.

The name brands DVD players (Sony, Samsung..etc) have regions but the ones made in China are region free.

I have a Blu-Ray drive in my laptop, but the software I've found isn't reliable for all Blu-Ray DVDs, so I want a stand-alone player to connect to my TV.  The DVD part needs to be region free, since all my DVDs are US.  The USA and Vietnam have the same region for Blu-Ray. 

I know they exist, but don't know where to find them in Saigon.  I'm going to be in Hong Kong in a couple of weeks, and I've heard that some players there are unadvertised region free players, so I will bring along a DVD or two to test.

if you google the model # of your player and request - reprogramming for multi zone - there will be a good chance it will come back with a sequence to use with your remote control,  not all players can be reprogrammed but most can, good luck