Travel,Living Tips and Best Places

Hi,

I am visiting Thailand with my Family in Jan 2017  ( Bangkok and Phitsanulok City )

What i need is suggestions of best ( affordable ) places in Phitsanulok for :

1- Buying Online  ( Electronics, Computer Equipment )

2- Stores  ( either Mega stores like wallmart , or Normal Stores for grocery)

3- Shopping Malls ( Clothes, Shoes, Makeup etc)

4- Massage Spa ( affordable and safe not that cheap ones i hope you understand my meaning :)  )

5- Best Banks / ATMS for Foreigners ( which are safe too )

6- Fish Market ( Must have fresh fish)

7- How much money we could bring (or allowed to ) with us ( estimated)

8- Veggie or Indian hotels

9- Good and Safe Hotels in Phitsanulok ( which give some food and allow us to cook  too )

10- Things we could not bring with us. As we will bring food items like , Vegetable oil , Dry Milk , Tea Bags, and some Indian Spices in Powder form

11- I will bring some Homeopathic medicines with me in liquid form ( Sealed Packed ) , can I  ?

Any other suggestion you would like to give

ThankYou

I can answer a few questions, in a general way.
1. - customs or import tax is not exactly welcoming news, if you are shipping goods to Thailand. I was going to buy some mail order clothes. Between shipping and duty it more then double the cost of the items. Perhaps someone else might have a different idea.
2. I live in Chiang Mai - they have Tesco Lotus, Big C, and some Tops. These are department type stores and carry most of anyone's needs for general shopping.
3. I believe Bangkok is famous for their shopping malls.
5. I find that Bangkok bank is a very good bank. I you walk in with your passport and use a teller there are no transaction fees. I normally take out a monthly amount (from my US account), instead of making several trips to the bank.
7. I believe US regulation is that one is not to be carrying more then $10,000 in currency while traveling. I don't know if that's a world wide rule of thumb.
10. There may not be any real need to bring vegetable oil. I use olive oil at it is readily available. Price is comparable to the US, but considered expensive by Thai standards. The milk here is fine, unless there is a particular reason why you want powdered milk. Do drink only bottled water.
11. If you declare nothing when coming into the country they will probably just let you go. If you use millitonin, bring your own supply. For whatever reason Thailand looks at it as a prescription drug. Don't ask me.
That's it for a few thoughts.

Thankyou so much Bill that really helps . Anyone else read it please reply too .