Moving from USA to CR Moving company Recommendations?

Hi everyone,

I am looking for reputable movers for a few boxes and furniture pieces. I would like to know your experiences, suggestions and thoughts.

Hello tracy_orl,

Welcome to Expat.com

Note that you can also get a free quote from our partner : Moving to Costa Rica and also have a look at the professionals listed under the Moving services in Costa Rica section of the business directory.

Cheers

Christopher
Expat.com

We used APA Worldwide Movers and were happy with their service.  They packed up our belongings in the States (about half a container with boxes and some furniture), shipped it to CR, took care of customs, delivered it to our condo in Tamarindo, and unpacked/ re-assembled furniture.

Hi Redbeard,

Can you please recommend this moving company in the Moving companies in Costa Rica section of the business directory ?

It could benefit members if ever they need their contact details.

Thanks in advance,
Bhavna

I had quotes from 5 shipping companies for a 20' container to ship from Los Angeles to Esterillos.
Most all wanted $7000 for shipment.
The last quote I asked for was a gentleman who gave me some great information, he asked me how much my household goods were worth. When I told him about $3000, he asked me why would I spend $7000 to ship $3000 worth of household goods and furniture.
After figuring out my goods were worth less than $7000, I brought what I could in my luggage on multiple trips, and purchased some furniture in Costa Rica.

Good Luck

Hello.I use Ecojet courier.I have used them for years and they are very friendly and for Tico time. they do a good job. contact Luis @ xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please either share contact details through the private messaging system or recommend this professional in the business directory. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thank you so much for your help :D

Bhavna,  I tried to enter the moving company information in the business directory, but I found the last section related to "what I do" to be difficult to use.  I am retired and did not fit the listed items.  I found it cumbersome to try to enter this information and gave up.  This should be made easier or should not be required to submit the information.

Does anyone know if Michael Baird still does shipping?

sometimesoon wrote:

Does anyone know if Michael Baird still does shipping?

Michael has returned to the States.  CR customs cracked down on importers and with all of the added taxes it was no longer cost effective.  I am not aware of anyone that ships just a few items for a reasonable price.

Things that I want/need from the States I just have people I know that are coming down bring them for me. 

- Expat Dave