About marrying a saudi man

Hi, im filipina but currently living in rome italy. I wanna ask few questions about marrying a saudi man/how to get married to a saudi man. Obviously speaking im involved to a saudi man for almost 7 years and we are planning to get married. He's telling me its hard to get married in saudi(riyadh) so the first plan is to get married here in italy or in philippines then after that he's next plan is to process something in Saudi government so he can bring me there as a wife. I dont know if he's not that knowledgeable about the rules in his country because i read some articles and saying need permission first from the Saudi government, by the way he's 37years old (single and never get married to anyone)and i am 31.
Sorry if my message is too long just want to explain everything and i hope someone can help me to understand everything. Thank u so much 🙂

Hello po ate,isa rin po akong pilipina,
At may boyfriend na saudi man.opo hnd po madali at need to permission on king,tapus medical,ang hinihintay nlng namin is ang papeles q sa pinas,.at marami pang dapat na e process..

Medical keau sa ospital na kung saan ospital ng mag asawa qng compatible ba keau oh hnd,tapus agreement ng father mo..
At dapat muslim ka

So where r u right now? R u in riyadh? What is the first step we need to do? My father passed away 3 years ago so what about the father thing? Its too complicated..😥

Yes im in riyadh now,i dont know if what about your father,because your father is the important thing,you must take a medical for married..and your papers in philippines
Embassy philippines,dfa and saudi embassy manila

@cindyrea could you please post in English ?

Thanks

Mg29 wrote:

Hi, im filipina but currently living in rome italy. I wanna ask few questions about marrying a saudi man/how to get married to a saudi man. Obviously speaking im involved to a saudi man for almost 7 years and we are planning to get married. He's telling me its hard to get married in saudi(riyadh) so the first plan is to get married here in italy or in philippines then after that he's next plan is to process something in Saudi government so he can bring me there as a wife. I dont know if he's not that knowledgeable about the rules in his country because i read some articles and saying need permission first from the Saudi government, by the way he's 37years old (single and never get married to anyone)and i am 31.
Sorry if my message is too long just want to explain everything and i hope someone can help me to understand everything. Thank u so much 🙂

Yes dear he need a permission to marry you from the government. This permit give him the right to bring you as a wife usually it takes a long time to issue such one (need some justification) . The permission can be issued only from the ministry of
Interior.

Hi! I am a filipina married to a Saudi. Tama, kailangan ng marriage permission from their government for a them to marry non-saudi. Tell him to apply in the emarah or MOI.

It's a hit and miss actually but nevertheless, he MUST apply first before saying that it is hard. My husband applied and alhamdullilah it wasnt that hard as what others are saying.

cindyrea wrote:

Hello po ate,isa rin po akong pilipina,
At may boyfriend na saudi man.opo hnd po madali at need to permission on king,tapus medical,ang hinihintay nlng namin is ang papeles q sa pinas,.at marami pang dapat na e process..

Your saudi has the approved permission na ba? Medicals and others are to follow na kasi after the permission will be granted. If not yet, then you dont have to do anything.

Mg29 wrote:

So where r u right now? R u in riyadh? What is the first step we need to do? My father passed away 3 years ago so what about the father thing? Its too complicated..😥

First things first, tell your saudi to apply sa emarah or MOI. You dont have to do anything at all but to wait.

Yes sister, my husband finish to get a permission in the interior,,in we finish to medical,,alhamdulillah were compatible..
And we wait my papers came from the philippines,,

Hi po. I am Filipina. Me and my Saudi man is planning to get permission in MOI. But my question is there any  possibility na ma approve Ang age gap po nmin is 12 years. Mas younger po sia sa akin. Ask ko rin po siya Kung inform Nia muna family or parents Nia before we proceed to MOI. He told me once he got approval from MOI that's the time he will inform his family. Is it right? And do I need to accompany him in MOI? Please help me..

Aminah05 wrote:

Hi po. I am Filipina. Me and my Saudi man is planning to get permission in MOI. But my question is there any  possibility na ma approve Ang age gap po nmin is 12 years. Mas younger po sia sa akin. Ask ko rin po siya Kung inform Nia muna family or parents Nia before we proceed to MOI. He told me once he got approval from MOI that's the time he will inform his family. Is it right? And do I need to accompany him in MOI? Please help me..

Private message me.

Aminah05 wrote:

How young is the Saudi man? My husband informed his family about me before we got married. It didnt have any bearing with his application for the permission since the permission will be his alone. He applies alone and you dont apply with him. He does all the papers alone without you.

My husband applied at the emarah in ha'il city and not directly to MOI in Riyadh.

Anyway, feel free to private message me.

He can marry you in Italy without the marriage permission (civil+islamic) and this marriage will be valid worldwide apart from Saudi.
Thus even if he marries you without the marriage permission he still needs to get it at some point before the marriage is legally recognised in Saudi (eg. to get you a visa/residence permitt, to have inheritance rights, to register you in the family card etc). Without the marriage permission Saudi Embassies are not allowed to legalize the marriage certificate for use in Saudi.

Despite not being an easy/fast task he needs to start to consider applying for the permission as soon as possible as it could well take from 1 to 3 years to finalize it (maybe even less if he is lucky).

He can even apply through the Saudi Embassy in Italy for the permission and they will forward his papers to MOI for the processing. Then every time he is in Riyadh he can follow up on his papers.
As he is male the marriage permission process does not need his family consent-it is something that involves him alone, but if the family knows they can help along with visiting MOI to follow up on his paper.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please post in English only.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
chai mina wrote:

Post again.

Aminah05 wrote:

I think it is better for him to inform his family about his plans.  Then proceed to Amarah for application.  There is no need for you to go with him since he is the primary applicant for the approval.

I am having the same problem, can you please tell me the age of you and your saudi husband?

Steph0618 wrote:

I am having the same problem, can you please tell me the age of you and your saudi husband?

My husband is 31 years old.

I am going through the same problem I searched about this and I came to know that Saudi man should be minimum 40 years old if he wants to marry a non-Saudi.

I am either want to know whether the ages of Saudi man to marry abroad is increase to 40 or still in 30. If anyone could give me the right answer as MOI website is not working, therefore, I cannot get the right information by myself.

Salam sister! i am a filipina po, married to a saudi national pero sa Pinas po. I am currently pregnant now but i got back Saudi arabia for a work under the same working sponsorship. Please let me know if me and my saudi husband can apply to Emarah to get a family card so i can deliver the baby here in the Kingdom and no need for me to go back in Pinas.

I look forward for your helps po. JazakAllahkhair.

Sister are you still active to this post? I ve learnt you are from Hail City and am living here too. Please send me message as i need your help indeed. jazakAllahkhair

Umyousef wrote:

Sister are you still active to this post? I ve learnt you are from Hail City and am living here too. Please send me message as i need your help indeed. jazakAllahkhair

Assalamo alaykom. We are living in hail city because of my husband's work but he is from AlQassim. I already replied to the message you sent me.  :)

Umyousef wrote:

Salam sister! i am a filipina po, married to a saudi national pero sa Pinas po. I am currently pregnant now but i got back Saudi arabia for a work under the same working sponsorship. Please let me know if me and my saudi husband can apply to Emarah to get a family card so i can deliver the baby here in the Kingdom and no need for me to go back in Pinas.

wa alaykom salam. Your saudi cant apply for the family card without a marriage permission from their government. Without marriage permission, you cant even technically get pregnant much more deliver a baby in Saudi unless you are legally recognized as married in Saudi government.

Anyway, just check your messages as i already replied to your message.

Here's my two cents.

Hope this post is still active. Lol.

So your boyfriend is I assume 38 or 39 years old by now, it will be very easy for him to apply for a marriage in the Ministry of Interior. The usual requirement for the age of the Saudi man is 30 y/o in most cities and 35 years old if he lives in Jeddah.  Take note, if he is working in the government sector, he will not be allowed to marry a non-Saudi.

All he needs to do is go to the Imarah of his province and apply. You both will go under medical examination and since you are in Italy, I think there will be a clinic there that the Imarah will refer you to have your medical exam taken.

After you passed the medical exam, your results will be sent back to the Imarah. If you met the other requirements like your documents and his documents are all complete, then you may have to wait for 6 months to 1 year to get your approval from the Ministry of Interior.

Then voila! After you got your approval. you will be a wife of a citizen and you can come here to live with him.

All the best!

Umyousef wrote:

Unfortunately for you my dear, your husband will not be able to apply for a family card. Even if you married in Philippines, this marriage is not acknowledged by the Ministry of Interior.

He needs to apply in Ministry of Interior to marry you. I am afraid your child will not be recognized as a Saudi citizen because he will be born after you get your marriage approval (inshallah).

Hi zawja. Please i need your help and advice. I am a filipina who got married to saudi in philippines. Please how can i contact you?

Give me your biodata contact no. With photo

Umyousef wrote:

Hi zawja. Please i need your help and advice. I am a filipina who got married to saudi in philippines. Please how can i contact you?

Check your private message.

Hi zawja i need ur help. I Have same problems . I need advice from u. How can i contact u?

Since u are saudi citizen what isnthe minum age for saudi man to marry foreign. He is 33 years old.

Depends on the city that you are in. if in Jeddah, the age requirement for a Saudi man is 35 y/o. For other cities, it would be 30 y/o.

can you help me ate on my situation same lang po...thank you in advance

Im in the uk and he is in saudi i hope this convo is still atctive......he did the paper work and phoned to say it was done just waiting for it to get approved...he didnt ask for anything like documents from me....and what about the medical check thing? Could he have applied without any documents from me. Thank u to whoever replies6

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please use only English on the anglophone forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

As per my experience, my husband submitted my passport together with his application.  However, for others, the Saudi man just submitted his application letter and when he gets the approval, that's the time you will undergo blood test and submit your passport copy.

Age is not the only basis for approval, but yes in other cities, the applicant should be 30 years old and above.