Marriage certificate

Iam a us citizen  getting marry to an ethiopain. Dose any one knows if i need to get  the form called  (free to marry)from my us embassy  or not ..since I was married before  and i got divorce.

Any advice will help
Thank you

Iam getting married in addis ababa

Jake101, you need your Decree Absolute AND the sworn document from the US Embasssy that you are free to marry.

Thank you  that was helpful  advice.  :)


Yes you will.  You will also need your Decree Absolute or whatever you were given to finalise the divorce.


Yes , if you are planning on marrying in Ethiopia .

You need to present single certificate issued in USA , authenticate by Ethiopian Embassy in USA, then Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Ethiopia, then Documentation and Authentication office in Ethiopia.

Once you authenticate the certificate from these three agencies then it will be considered by Kebele office.

New topic