Looking for attorney or consultant with expertiese in Addis housing

Hi,

Is there an attorney in addis ababa who does rental contracts, etc?  Or if not an attorney, are there real-estate management companies?  I'm interested to in someone who has the knowledge of the local housing market and regulations - either an attorney or a consultant of some form.  Any information you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Basically, looking for someone who can do the paper works etc.. as far as signing in agreements for rental, etc...

God bless
Neb

Hello Neb

I invite you to check out our business directory to find contact of professionals to help you :

> Legal services in Addis Ababa

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Hi bro, i know one guy called tomas. he used be the federal judge before coming attorney so if you still interested, i can help you meet up with him.
thanks
sol

Hi there you can go to the court near kera mosque or next to the commercial bank and there are many typists who specialize in this kind of contracts

getting a lawyer or attorney is realy realy difficult

1. mostly they just past and coppy but want to charge you lots of money
2. having a lawyer or attorney does not give you securety
3. indevidual contracts a very difficult in ET
a. the lawyers dont know
b. as more out of a box as higher the risk that the contract will be rejected by the local notary office
c. most funz and strange / if a paragraph in a contract is not aplaiable due to any law, the total contract is usless according to ET law
d. you will face the problem that in the legal world of Ethiopia the "thinking" is a bit different, for excample, every thing which is not specifical regulated by a law is for most "civil service staff" just elegal
e. most people fear to signe something which out of the box / mostly you will face this a official offices

best is if you visit the big notary offices in Addis, for excample near Mexico, just go and ask for help, they are friendly.

In most notary office you find just next door some locals selling contracts.

In the Federal Investment Office they also can and want to help you, they even give mostly the warning " do not use local lawers" just ask us.

My experience / do it your self and ask the local offices for help first! Works fine.
Oliver