Knowing anyone...

Hello everyone, Ronald here from Philippines and now working in Riyadh, KSA. I am a new guy here in expatriate and hope to know every good people who might be interested of being a good friend. I am a funny person, I like to be a friend of those who are friendly, I like watching serries american movies, singing and internet surfing... if you will be interested to know more about me, just follow this blog and let's introduce more about more inspiring revelations that comes on our way. Thank you and looking forward... :-)

Hey Ron, how are you?  Welcome to Riyadh, I hope you like it here.  I am also too much into America movies, series.  I do some reading as well.  I did like to join in gym and am looking at it these days.  Working as an Administration Manager in SBG at KSU project.  wht are you doing here??
tc/
yazi

Thank you yaz, well my first day here in riyadh was a tremendous shocked because of the weather, I got here August 28, 2010. The temperature was so frying when I stepped out in the airport. Well, now that its too cold I really can't complain because I am already here. Well, I am hoping my body could be physically fit, but because I am still adjusting with my thin outlook, hope in the future I will be looking forward to be a big guy and will be confident to go to a gym. I am currenlty working in a Call Center Company as an account manager, We offer training services inside and outside KSA. I already finish the PRISON BREAK from SEASON 1 up to the final break, have ou watch it? and now I am watching SUPERNATURAL serries...

Hey Ron...I just read your message here in expot blog...nic eto hear form you...hope we could be friends...

Frendy

No problem Frendy, you are always welcome to be a friend... so, what's up? you are from MAKATI right? Philippines?

Ron...yup! I am from Makati...welcome here...Hey! are they lots of Filipinos there?  Just got back from Oman last year  for a business trip and might consider going there...Hope to hearing form you soon...Thanks!

Hi Ron... I am a newbie to this forum as well...I am pinoy and living also in Riyadh. Hope you enjoy your stay here in Saudi.

@Yazi are you working in KSU also? I am also with KSU but with MSC and ABV. What project are you handling now?

Hi Ron, I'm a Chinese woman moving to Riyadh next month with my husband. I also like watching American TV program. I'm a big lover of all the crime or science fiction seriecs. Supernatural is one of my favorite. I would highly recommend Criminal Minds to you if you haven't watched any. I also read a lot of crime thriller and fiction. Hope you enjoy your life in Riyadh.

Ying

Hi, Ying.

Thank you, That's good to hear that you will be moving here, I have watched a lot of American Series and Movies, unfortunately, I have not watch the criminal minds yet, but looking forward to watch it after supernatural. its a 6 chapters thou and I am not sure if it is the full series I got. I like fiction, Karate, Suspense, and most specially horror. I love it when I am scaring my self. hahahha...

What do you guys think about "How I met your mother" and "keeping up with the kardashians"

Hi mga Kabayan, I have been here 10 years and I am into helping our kababayans cope with staying here. Any problem with employers or the law or the embassy, just give me a ring and I can give you suggestions. If you know someone in trouble, we are also glad to help.

Hey Ron,  Heroes and Lost are another good series you might want to watch...
I have downed lots of English Movies,  thts how I keep myself busy here after work.

dynamo1131 wrote:

Hi Ron... I am a newbie to this forum as well...I am pinoy and living also in Riyadh. Hope you enjoy your stay here in Saudi.

@Yazi are you working in KSU also? I am also with KSU but with MSC and ABV. What project are you handling now?

I am with PCPC Precast company.  They are handling the expansion project of girls campus providing production of Columns/Beams and their erection along with couple other companies.
I am in Administration

Hi Ron & Dynamo & Yazi,

Welcome to the Magic Kingdom.
How is it going so far?

Ying,

When are due to arrive?
We are behind the UK when it comes to the American Shows.
Everytime I go back home (UK) they are a few episodes ahead.
Good thing they have the programmes here. When you arrive you will understand. KSA is a different world to UK, and we found it difficult to adjust at beginning but now 1 year on we are loving it!

lots of newbies... :)
welcome guys!

Hey to Baptist and Funcky...nice to know that you guys are Filipinos in Riyadh...How's life there? Are there lots of Filipinos there?...Hope one day I could come over and visit Riyadh...Cheers!!!

Frendy

Yikes! Welcome here fellas! ;)

We should change this thread to Kabayan thread...cheers...

@Ying, you're right regarding Supernatural, I downloaded season 5 and just finished it the other day....just started watching it yesterday after work...one way of relieving stress.

@Yazi, cool...I am sort of between projects with KSU and Al Faizal. Maybe we could bump with each other over a cup of tea.

@SaudiUK, you're right about way different, like in another planet...cheers.

@Funky & SaQuib, thanks for the welcome mate...cheers.

SaudiUK wrote:

Hi Ron & Dynamo & Yazi,

How is it going so far?

Ying,

When are due to arrive?
Good thing they have the programmes here. When you arrive you will understand. KSA is a different world to UK, and we found it difficult to adjust at beginning but now 1 year on we are loving it!

its going pretty good, i been here for some time now, almost year and a half.  Life is slower more relaxed paced here then back in US.  I visited Jeddah, I really liked the place better than here in Riyadh i guess.  but i m coming along fine now that i have made few friends here etc..

SaudiUK wrote:

Hi Ron & Dynamo & Yazi,

How is it going so far?

Ying,

When are due to arrive?

Hi SaudiUK
I just handed in my passport yesterday for the visa so I think I will be in Riyadh before the mid of Feburary.Frankly I'm quite nervous  about all the unknown and difference in KSA from UK and China. Really good to know you're all having a good time. I think I just need to get there and make it work!

Ying.G wrote:
SaudiUK wrote:

Hi Ron & Dynamo & Yazi,

How is it going so far?

Ying,

When are due to arrive?

Hi SaudiUK
I just handed in my passport yesterday for the visa so I think I will be in Riyadh before the mid of Feburary.Frankly I'm quite nervous  about all the unknown and difference in KSA from UK and China. Really good to know you're all having a good time. I think I just need to get there and make it work!

Life in Saudi is unique and often challenging, but if one have an open mind and are flexible to other cultures and their requirements, many people like us live and work in the kingdom for quite some time and even exats working here for many many years, traveling all over the world and banking large sums of tax-free income. So you dont need to be nervous.

WELCOME TO Expat.com AND KSA !!!!!!!!! :)

To All who posted and share there wonderful thoughts and I advises, KUDOS to you all... It is really a WOW being a new member of this amazing EXPAT forum... It's been a pleasure to me meeting you guys here...

@yazi, I watched HEROS serries as well, it was fun thou... I don't know if you watched KYLE XY & GREYS ANATOMY (it was very brain thrilling, full of suspense and love scenes "hehehehe"...)

@Baptist, Wow... thank you for offering your help to those who are in need of advise, I know, it will be a great help to our fellow Filipinos here, It is only seldom to meet people like you, and hope someday, I will when my experience will mature...God Bless...

@funkydelicguy, hello, nice to meet you here in this forum... anything you can share with your experience here in riyadh would be much appreciated....

@SaQiB, Thanx... hope to here stories from you too...

@Ying, thats cool... hope you have a smooth flight coming here in Riyadh... TC...

@uvnpsaradhi, you are right brother... living in another environment is not that hard if your that flexible in anyway and openminded to accept and respect every culture... RESPECT is one of the best foundation of Unity, TRUST is also a requirement for a Harmonious life...

Thank you friends for your time and please keep on coming... this is one way of releaving strees away from your family...

I am excited to play bowling tomorrow after work...

dynamo1131 wrote:

@Ying, you're right regarding Supernatural, I downloaded season 5 and just finished it the other day....just started watching it yesterday after work...one way of relieving stress.

@Yazi, cool...I am sort of between projects with KSU and Al Faizal. Maybe we could bump with each other over a cup of tea.

Definitely we can meet up for a tea/coffee some time.  How are your shifts there?  our's is usually 7.30am to 6.30pm.  But we do sneak out now and then from the long shift..

@yazi... that's a good Idea, but I could not drink coffee or tea, I have GERD or commonly known as Heart Burn, but I can still join... my work hours is from 8am-4.30pm (sat-thursday)...

yazi.malik wrote:
dynamo1131 wrote:

Definitely we can meet up for a tea/coffee some time.  How are your shifts there?  our's is usually 7.30am to 6.30pm.  But we do sneak out now and then from the long shift..

@yazi, tell me about it, our shift is the same, 7-6 pm, Sat to Thursday...bummer isn't it..cheers

Really nice message and good introduce about yourslf.I hope we e agood afriend .Cheers

I know there's a dunkin donuts place in Tamimi Market plaza next to KSU where people can meet up...

SOrry, i don't know where ksu is... is it near to kingdom tower? jadeed... mafi malum location... so, when is the plan?

Ronmartz wrote:

SOrry, i don't know where ksu is... is it near to kingdom tower? jadeed... mafi malum location... so, when is the plan?

Ron KSU or King Saud University is near exit 4 and King Khalid road. It's far from Kingdom tower, but if you take King Fahad road, it will take you there, just don't know what exit to get off then turn left. Cheers.

@ dynamo1131,

Thanx for the info...

@yazi, hope there is a good meeting place near my place.. hehehe...

the suggested place is not accessible to everyone. more likely organize it in a business center. :)

Dynamo and me are around KSU, probabbly can manage to get somewhere around Kingdom Tower..

@yazi... yeah hopefully... but, when?

Yahooo... I have finished downloading the supernaturals season 1-6... it means... Movie Serries Marathan after work....

i am trying to download criminal minds as ying suggested...

im carl .. and few days from now ill be on Riyadh .. hope you can help me guys when i arrive there in Riyadh .. you now .. lol .. see you ..

Guys, where are you?

Ako gusto ko game of thrones..kaso di ako marunong mg download. Hehe

cookieboy wrote:

Ako gusto ko game of thrones..kaso di ako marunong mg download. Hehe

@ cookieboy > Can you please post in english on this english speaking forum, so that everybody can understand what you have written please?  :unsure

Also please have a look at the date of this topic (2011)  :dumbom:

Thanks,

Priscilla