Work visa inquiry

Hi does anyone know or able to advise on the following;

A) what are the minimum qualification for employment visa application?
B) in Saudi , the work visa granted is in accordance to the position offered and also the qualification must be in accordance to the position. Is it the same in the UAE.
C) are there any cases where employment visa is rejected due to under qualification?
D) how long does the whole process take

I'm thinking of working in the uae. But I do not have very high qualifications , just high school but I do have a lot of working experience in the shipping industry.

Thank you.

Your quote is not giving much information. What type of job are you looking? If you are looking for any medical, healthcare related profession, there are restrictions. Means your certificates of qualifications must be approved by the ministry of health. Or else, there is no restriction for other types of jobs. Here, (I think even in Saudi) the applicant of your job visa is not you, your employer is. If your employer is ready to hire you, they will issue the visa for you. Being an expat, you can even work as a secretory to the ministers and there is no restriction in it. Means, if your employer is willing to hire you, it's their headache to provide you the visa.

Was thinking of joining a shipping company. I was previously a senior operations manager in Indonesia. But I'm not sure if I will be able to apply for the same position here if there's a minimum requirement for qualification. So if I understand correctly, you're saying that even if I do not have acedemic qualifications only experience and a company decides to hire me they will still be able to arrange for an employment visa?

pris77 wrote:

Was thinking of joining a shipping company. I was previously a senior operations manager in Indonesia. But I'm not sure if I will be able to apply for the same position here if there's a minimum requirement for qualification. So if I understand correctly, you're saying that even if I do not have acedemic qualifications only experience and a company decides to hire me they will still be able to arrange for an employment visa?

Yes. There is no problem if they are ready to hire you. Here in this country, what you know is not important, but whom you know will make you recruited.