I'm Lez and I'm from PH. A newbie on the site
I'll be moving to Surrey early next year. I'm a nurse here and will be working as one when I get there.
Before I dive right in, I would like to prepare myself mentally of the things I need to expect there cost-wise. I got a job offer and they will be paying me about £26,000 per annum. My accommodation will also be subsidized by the company and I only need to pay a small percent of the total. I'm thinking of about £250-400 as their share of the rent, I pay the rest).
So I expect to take home about $1,600 per month after tax.
Will I be living comfortably on that amount in Surrey?
Can you please give me a rough idea on how much I'd be spending on the following on a monthly basis:
- Utilities, Council tax, TV license, etc.
- Gym membership (a must)
- Dental insurance
- Occasional shopping for anything
*please feel free to add a few other things I should consider paying for
Here are a few things I'd like to mention:
- I don't mind house sharing.
- I don't smoke so no spending on expensive cigarettes for me.
- I seldom drink but would be willing to spend on alcohol from time to time with friends.
- I don't feel any need to own a car (yet).
Many thanks guys!