Nurses in UK

Hi members,

Im Malaysian and now working on process to be a nurse in UK. As per NHS they accepted international nurses nowdays and im working on it to get a license as RN.

After all the struggle, i felt in dilemma now when i do searched on google about the salary and living cost there in UK. Im now working in Saudi Arabia(SA) for 4 years and plan to move to UK to have more experience in my careers related to UK health system.

The problem is when i compare salary in UK and in SA, i felt  like demoted in my career since its bit less in UK as beginner but im not sure after i get my PIN.

So the real question is 😅, with salary that being offered in UK before i get my PIN, that salary is enough for me to survive there after all deduction(tax,rent,transport and living cost)? And did i still manage to send back home some of it?😅

To be more clear, i get offer from private sector and not under NHS. I also plan to live in north part as the company offer me to relocate to any place i want and they have availability.

I hope someone can guide me about this issue.

Thank you, terima kasih😉

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

In order to work in the UK as an overseas nurse, you must first register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council; this link will take you to their website.

With regards to your question regarding the cost of living, the Numbeo website provides this information; this link will take you there.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team