Moving to Singapore -Nanny-

Hi everybody

After 3 exciting years in Shanghai, both my husband and I got job opportunities to move to Singapore. We have a 2 years daughter and I am 2 months pregnant.

In China, we easily found an ayi to look after our daughter. We are very satisfied with her and I expect the change to another nanny may be difficult for our little one.

Did anybody ever experience the same? How easily can we find a nanny to look after our kids in Singapore? Are they experienced and reliable? Is it recommended to contact an agency?

Thanks in advance for your help and comments.

Welcome on Expat.com dragonflytochina ;)

I hope that members from Singapore will contribute to your discussions soon & congratulations from all Members of Expat.com Team for your pregnancy!

Regards!

Bonjour dragonflytochina!

We're moving from Paris to Singapore at the end of September (I'm American but the rest of the family is French).

I'd be very curious to hear about your experience finding an ayi for your daughter. I think we plan to put our 17 month-old in a playgroup but would like to find a reliable helper who's good with kids. Were you able to find a good agency?

Merci pour le tuyaux!

I haven't done this yet but I do know there are a ton of expat moms who blog but they don't seem to stop by the forum much these days so you might want to seek out some of their blogs. Most of them can be reached fairly easily by email.

u can contact the agencies, but u should be really lucky to get a good nanny