REJECTION OF STUDENT PASS FOR 18MTHS CHILD

Hi,

Me and my husband are PR in Singapore and I am converting to Citizenship with my daughter since August however I do plan to let me girl to join childcare on Feb 2018.

After double check with ICA, they do advise to apply student while my Citizenship application are still under pending so I have summit my application once i got SOLAR+ number from Childcare center.

Anyway, my girl student pass application was REJECTED!! Are anyone do have experience for this? Means my girl are not allowed to study here since parents are PR here?

So you both are PRs, then what's the current status of your child? Could be a sad case, where parents are PR and their child's student visa rejected. Did you try LTVP for your child till gets citizenship. Good luck

yes. Both of us are PR.
I was shock when received the outcome from ICA.

Here are the replied from ICA:
Thank you for your interest in Student's Pass for the above named.
2 We have carefully evaluated the application. In the process, we have considered all
relevant factors. While we understand SHANICE CHUAH's wish to study in Singapore, we
are unable to approve the application.
3 Nevertheless, SHANICE CHUAH's may wish to submit an application for a Long
Term Visit Pass to our office for our consideration. For more information on the visit pass
application procedure and documentation requirements, please visit our website at
http://www.ica.gov.sg. :sosad:

furthermore, my child are not holding any pass at this moment.

Without knowing the exact details of your case, I can only speculate what could have caused the rejection (Maybe you can contact ICA and ask?):
- Is the child care center properly registered and approved?
- Was your child accepted for a full-time class there? (Part-time courses are not eligible for Student Pass.)
- Were you (parents) maybe not accepted as sponsors? (In that case it might help to find another citizen/PR as sponsor.)
Note: There is no officially published salary requirement for sponsorship, but the criteria they apply are probably similar to LTVP: S$5000/month or more, increased to S$6000/month from January 2018)
- Was there any prior immigration violation? (I ask this because you said your child does not currently hold any pass - if she is in Singapore now, it is illegal and will cause serious problems in future, not just this one rejection!)
In any case, you can appeal against the rejection, or follow their advice and apply for LTVP instead (if you fulfill the abovementioned salary requirements)..

No. My girl are not staying in Singapore. I did called to ICA to check which passes shall I apply to my girl while citizenship application are still pending and official replied that I do need to apply student pass or else she not allowed to study and staying in Singapore.

LTVP holders can also study, as far as I know. So apply for that, as ICA suggested!

beppi wrote:

LTVP holders can also study, as far as I know. So apply for that, as ICA suggested!

Actually, this is not the case anymore. Our (2.5 year old) daughter has a LTVP and is required (by the MoE I believe) to apply for a student pass in order to attend nursery class.

This is new, thanks for the info!

Just a quick update. Although we had to go through the student pass application procedure, she was not given a student pass. Instead, she was given a "Letter of Consent" to study (only at the new school) contingent on her LTVP validity. We didn't like the new school and want to move her back to her old school, and so have to go through the student pass application again (knowing she'll only be give the LOC if approved)! So mafan!

So I was right: You don't need a student pass if you have an LTVP!

Correct, but you still have to apply for one despite the fact that you will get a letter of consent instead.

Hello! Came across your thread, just want to find out from you, how did you apply for LOC after student pass was rejected. I applied for my son and it got rejected too. Not too sure what to do from here on. Think you've gone through that, not too sure if you can help me out or better advise me? Hmmm...

Yuchin.

am84 wrote:

Just a quick update. Although we had to go through the student pass application procedure, she was not given a student pass. Instead, she was given a "Letter of Consent" to study (only at the new school) contingent on her LTVP validity. We didn't like the new school and want to move her back to her old school, and so have to go through the student pass application again (knowing she'll only be give the LOC if approved)! So mafan!

Hi, how did your kid get the LOC with the LTVP to study attend a childcare in Singapore?

Zhaoxuan: This thread was inactive since 2018 and the user you referred to stopped visiting this forum two years ago. It is unlikely you will get a reply from him.