I'm new in a town - Cam Ranh

Hi  :)
Does anyone know anything interesting in the town? Are there any sport clubs, charity activities, social network, ... ?
Hope to know you and your information.
Cheers,
Jiao

Hi Jiao,

Come to Nha Trang. I would love to show you around the city ^^

Ben

Thanks Ben
I hope so. If I move to there I probably will find your helps and join community there too.

im flying into nha trang.  i need a room. i notice a beach near airport .  any suggestions for a quiet room.  no big construction nearby.  i want to rent a scooter.  should i stay near airport area or go to the city of nha trang.  i like to run on the beach.  i look for long flat beaches. and i want massage. and good fruit market. and good vegatarian restaurants. should i stay near airport or go to city?

hello yogavnture,

This is Ben, I am a local in Nha Trang. Depends on your needs, I suggest that you should stay in the city of Nha Trang.
There are some vegetarian restaurants which have delicious dishes: mixed rice, noodle, hot-pot...you name it. So when and how long do you intend to stay? you travel alone or with friends?
I would like to welcome you in Nha Trang.

Hello,
Nha Trang is lively with its beaches and remote beauty. The nightlife is also superb!! I can welcome you at Zima Club, Nha Trang. Its free for vietnamese, foreigners will pay 50-100k as entrance fee and get free cocktail.
You are welcome!

oloweolumides wrote:

I can welcome you at Zima Club, Nha Trang. Its free for vietnamese, foreigners will pay 50-100k as entrance fee and get free cocktail.
You are welcome!

I can't tell if you have an interest in this club as the term "I can welcome you" is a little vague.  However charging foreigners, even with a free cocktail, without charging the locals the same is certainly enough to keep me away.  If a foreigner, either a temporary resident or a tourist, enters a club, they are surely going to spend money.  The only people I have seen freeloading in clubs and coffee shops are locals.  And why does the cover charge vary from 50-100.  Does it depend on the feelings of the doorman?  The whole thing smells bad.

yogavnture wrote:

im flying into nha trang.  i need a room. i notice a beach near airport .  any suggestions for a quiet room.  no big construction nearby.  i want to rent a scooter.  should i stay near airport area or go to the city of nha trang.  i like to run on the beach.  i look for long flat beaches. and i want massage. and good fruit market. and good vegatarian restaurants. should i stay near airport or go to city?

Hope you enjoyed Nhatrang

yogavnture wrote:

This has been mentioned in other threads. But, I would make sure that you have a valid Vietnamese DL before renting a scooter. The legal ramifications of being involved in(even if the accident is 100% not your fault) can include serious jail time if someone is injured or killed.

https://www.vietnamonline.com/transport … cense.html

"The importance of Obtaining a license:

You are not recommended to drive without a valid license - this needs to be either a Vietnam's driving license or a temporary license converted from your international driving permit. The penalties for not possessing a license when you drive can be severe: from 3 years up to 10 years if causing accident, and even 20 years if accidents causing death. "

Note, driving with out a valid, in Viet Nam, DL is a crime, just like it is back home. That makes it very difficult to prove that the accident was not your fault.

https://www.vietnamimmigration.com/viet … n-vietnam/http://www.thanhniennews.com/society/no … -1214.html

THIGV wrote:
oloweolumides wrote:

I can welcome you at Zima Club, Nha Trang. Its free for vietnamese, foreigners will pay 50-100k as entrance fee and get free cocktail.
You are welcome!

I can't tell if you have an interest in this club as the term "I can welcome you" is a little vague.  However charging foreigners, even with a free cocktail, without charging the locals the same is certainly enough to keep me away.  If a foreigner, either a temporary resident or a tourist, enters a club, they are surely going to spend money.  The only people I have seen freeloading in clubs and coffee shops are locals.  And why does the cover charge vary from 50-100.  Does it depend on the feelings of the doorman?  The whole thing smells bad.

well, i work at Zima if that's what you want. Foreigners also freeloads, believe me, i know. But then, nobody can influence your choice because you clearly have an assumption about the place. Good luck to you

oloweolumides wrote:

you clearly have an assumption about the place.

I have an assumption about any place that has two tier pricing.  Unfortunately the government sets a poor example at parks and such.  It is very detrimental to the development of a long-term viable tourist economy

Hi,

I'm newer to Nha Trang and just beginning to navigate the city. I'd love to connect with others socially, and if you have local insights, to be shown around a bit. 

Is anyone up for this?  Let me know!

Thanks,
Tim

THIGV wrote:
oloweolumides wrote:

you clearly have an assumption about the place.

I have an assumption about any place that has two tier pricing.  Unfortunately the government sets a poor example at parks and such.  It is very detrimental to the development of a long-term viable tourist economy

Thai tourism does not seem to be affected from that, nearly every temple I know charges non-Thais nearly the double.

Myanmar allows locals free entry and foreigners pay about 10$ to get into Shwedagon pagoda.

Nothing new to Asia and I personally have no problem with it, especially considering the financial differences between locals and expats/tourists.

Who cares...