Is Auckland the right place to look for IT Jobs

Hello everyone, I am a British IT Professional with over 9 years of industry experience. I am currently working a Solutions Archiect with a technology company in London and I have worked as Business Analyst, Business Systems in a variety of sectors.

Any advice which may help me secure a role with NZ company or relocate their will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ifty

Google is your friend.

Via conditions have been tightened as of 12th October 2016. Try this website for visa information and applications, www.immigration.govt.nz 

Also contact the NZ Embassy in London.

Hi Ifty,
I also moved from London and worked/still work as an IT Consultant. Yes IT jobs are definitely a good profession that could land you here. Its not a quick process at all, but yes, you can apply for New Zealand Jobs even from London, and once you get an offer, it would speed up your relocation including Immigration.  With over 9 years, I would not expect you to settle for any salary less than 90k

kamz1 wrote:

Hello everyone, I am a British IT Professional with over 9 years of industry experience. I am currently working a Solutions Archiect with a technology company in London and I have worked as Business Analyst, Business Systems in a variety of sectors.

Any advice which may help me secure a role with NZ company or relocate their will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ifty

Indeed!  However, please also keep in mind that Wellington is also considered as an IT hub. While the Auckland IT job market is very competitive, Wellington attracts the people with sound technical skills to start their professional career accordingly.