Internet slowdown again

until 5am September 19.

http://www.vtc.vn/bao-tri-cap-quang-man … 76121.html

You use cheap materials, you must be prepared to fix it many times.

It's a bit like the inferior water pipes they used in Ha Noi, constant issues due to cheap materials.

And complete disregard to proven international building/construction standards. See the recent hydro-power dam failure.

It seems not all providers are equally affected. Some coffee shops have normal speed, where as my room has horrible speed. Choose accordingly.

Any servers based outside of Viet Nam are the problem, anything in VN is ok,as they are not affected by the cable.

In Vietnam they usually have 2 packages, one for home and one for office/pro.
The home one, usually goes up to 30M or 40M and have no guaranteed bandwidth to international websites. Those are cheaper (Usually <500k VND) but in case of such event, they will be the one the most impacted.
For office/pro connection (Individuals can subscribe) usually start at 50M  for 800,000 VND but have guaranteed international bandwidth.

If internet is critical for you, I suggest you to spend a bit more on your package.

dudumomo wrote:

In Vietnam they usually have 2 packages, one for home and one for office/pro.
The home one, usually goes up to 30M or 40M and have no guaranteed bandwidth to international websites. Those are cheaper (Usually <500k VND) but in case of such event, they will be the one the most impacted.
For office/pro connection (Individuals can subscribe) usually start at 50M  for 800,000 VND but have guaranteed international bandwidth.

If internet is critical for you, I suggest you to spend a bit more on your package.

It won't be of any help if the undersea cable is being repaired, 5 times this year it has broken. You can buy the best package but it will do squat whilst they have an inferior cable out of Viet Nam.

Obviously, everyone is impacted during such damage. But this undersea cable (AAG cable) provide around 70% of Vietnam's international connectivity.
When this cable broke, ISPs will redirects the data to different infrastructure (the 30% remaining). On those 30% remaining bandwidth, they will apply a priority, based on their contractual engagements.
So, taking a contract with a guarantee bandwidth helps. But usually, the guarantee is around 1 or 2M "only".

I'm using FPT with their 50M package for 800k VND and got 1M guaranteed. We could do some testing to confirm. (During the next AAG repair, which will probably arrive very soon haha)

But I'm looking forward the next 2 cables ! (This AAG cable will represent only 30% or so, of VN's connectivity, thus impacting a lot less the traffic)

I keep hearing that FPT and Viettel are the best providers, VNPT who I have at my house now is complete garbage.

Can't wait to see if the new cables make a difference, I have already lost one job online due to poor internet service.

VNPT has invested in one of the 2 cables and will have an allocated bandwidth on it. Hope it will help.

Sad to hear it has impacted your job....