Texting USA

I'm trying to text a US cell phone with my mobifone sim but it isn't working. I've tried 001-***-**** and a few other combinations without success. Is there a code that works? I was able to text a Thailand number without problem. Do I need to put a + in there somewhere?
Thanks!

I've had the same problem and gave up on it. I just started using Yahoo Messenger and sending SMS's that way with no issues. I'm sure there are other apps you can use for this.

no way to text by mobifone. my mom use vinaphone and has no problem with it but she cant make any phone call. i cant text but can make direct phone call. it weird to work that way :(

:cool:

If your phone card will allow it (Vinaphone, etc.), need to enter the number as +1-area code-phone number. Example: +13365551212. It will work, but not consistently. And you'll get charged more per SMS as well. Better to use alternate methods, such as Vungtaudon suggested.

demonietto wrote:

I'm trying to text a US cell phone with my mobifone sim but it isn't working. I've tried 001-***-**** and a few other combinations without success. Is there a code that works? I was able to text a Thailand number without problem. Do I need to put a + in there somewhere?
Thanks!

Texting to the US of A is the same as calling to the US of A.  You do need the +1 to call from Vietnam to USA.  If mobifone doesn't work, try Viettel.

Talk to your local service provider. Not once or twice. Just make a complaint and refer to that everyday. Then they will work on it. Thats how I solved my problem of texting to USA.

Mobiphone works perfect for me as I send many messages to the USA and make phone calls. I have been here in VN almost 8 months with no problems in HCMC, Da Nang, Nha Trang and in between. Maybe it's the phone you are using.

:cheers:

You can install magic jack in your smart phone (iPhone, Android, etc.) or you can subscribe Google Voice to any phone you have.  I heard both allow free calls and free texts to U.S. and Canada.  You get to choose a phone number and it will be yours as long as you keep it.

I will have to explore these 2 options to see which one works better once I am in HCMC and go with it.  If anyone has already tried either one of these 2, please let us know if it works for you.

Use whats app if you have the App. Easier and cheaper. 001 or +1 is correct.

Cheers

Last year I used Magic Jack for all regular phone calls & it worked great.  However, now my 1 year membership has expired & they won't let me charge the new membership with a credit card that is phyically outside of USA.  I have gone round & round with them.  Anyone else have this problem?

I also use Viber but both parties need to have the app.

also viber but I find txt is ok just using phone or home line

I've been using Skype for years, and have only had trouble with the Skype app on my phone. The updates can't keep up with the OS updates of the phone sometimes. I can always call out with it, but sometimes people can't call me. The computer version of Skype works flawlessly for me though. I have a subscription for a US phone number with an area code where most of my family lives. So they can call me from any of their phones, using that number, and it's a local call for them. It works best for my mother, who doesn't have a computer or a smartphone. She says she talks to me more often than our other family members, and they all live within a few miles of her!

By the way, so I'm not off-topic, you can text with Skype also, but it only works one way. The person you text can't text you back.

I use TextPlus aps to text the US without any problem.  The other person does not have to have the same aps.  And it's totally free.  Good luck!