Customer care in Israel

Hello everyone,

The way customer services are handled can greatly affect your views on certain brands, products, companies or stores. As a consumer, it is important to get familiar with local practices regarding client assistance in Israel and try to understand how things work in the country.

How would you describe your customer service experiences in Israel?

Do you feel welcome when you enter a store? Do you get useful tips and advice?

Are after-sales services available in Israel?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Hi Priscilla,

LOL, there is no such thing as customer service here in Israel, but I've been somewhat surprised in a few stores.

Within 2 months of being here I already experienced a terrible store where I spent a lot of money on my desk & office chair & the desk was subpar quality & the owner played games & lied. He never fixed the problems or replaced it & the consumer agency here did nothing.

In fact their solution to EVERYTHING is to take them to small claims.

Well most people are NOT going to do this b/c they don't have the time, don't want to deal with the stress, & if you are an expat, you probably aren't fluent in both written & verbal Hebrew to go to court. So they get away with it.

I'm not the only one who's had this problem, I read horror stories every day.

I just bought a cell phone holder that broke the minute I tried to put the cell phone in it. Cheap Chinese crap & they won't take it back.

The problem is that the government doesn't care about consumers, they protect the vendors, so most vendors don't care.

They aren't very smart here when it comes to doing things efficiently & they lie a lot too, so it's a no win situation. That's the issue I'm having now with the local grocery store.

I knew it wasn't going to be great, so I don't get too upset, although my middle name IS customer service, so it's still a stressor for me.

Have a lovely weekend. :)