Newly arrived

Hi everyone

Happy New Year!

Just thought I'd pop in to let you know I have finally arrived in Riyadh. My boys and I have been here just over a week and are gradually getting aclimatised. We've been made welcome by others on the compound and friends of my husband,so it's all good. I'm keeping busy at present unpacking and organising things in the house - as well as emailing and skype-ing family and friends overseas :) And hopefully we'll be able to start going out a bit and getting to see a bit more of the city at some point. I'm looking forward to that.

Welcome to Saudi Arabia and warm welcome to Expat-blog.

welcome to saudi arabia

welcome to saudi arabia

wellcome and happy new year

Happy new year 2011,
welcome

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Welcome to Saudi Arabia and to Riyadh

Hope to see more posts from you here. and inputs as well..

Janric - Welcome to Riyadh!  Finally!!!

We have a ladies ONLY coffee on the 10th.  See the 'Kingdom Coffee' Thread for details.  Wizard is hosting.  PM me if you need further details.

Janric, Happy New Year to you too.  I'm so happy to hear the great news.  Makes me feel there's light at the end of the tunnel for us :)  You gotta keep me posted my friend!  Hope the boys like the new place and enjoy their new school.  Best of Luck to all!

A very happy and prosperous 2011 to you and yours. Welcome to the country and this blog. Hope none of your known is effected by the recent flood.

Welcome Welcome! and as CAF has already pointed out, we're getting together on the 10th... the details are in the thread marked Ladies of Expat.com Coffee Morning... and i shall inbox you...

Thank you all for your warm welcome.

CAF & Wizard - I'll have to take a rain check on the coffee morning. I have 2 boys who until we can get them into school, will have to accompany me everywhere I go. Let me know when the next one is.

Northpole - Thankfully no-one we know has been directly affected by the flooding, though Rockhampton is our home town and we own a house there. Some friends sent photos that show the water reached the intersection at the end of our street.
We also have friends and relatives who have had to prolong their hoidays further south due to the roads being cut. And it's still raining! It's the wettest summer in many years.

would u share what belongings e.g utensils, clothing,electronics (laptop & mobile), furniture etc can we bring into riyadh. Is it worth it or buying every thing right from riyadh is advisable?