How much income you need to earn to sponsor your spouse ?


does anyone here have knowledge of how much income you need to earn to sponsor your spouse?

Thanks in advance.



- The foreigner who is joined must prove that he has sufficient housing to receive the members of his family. It will transmit this to the evidence of registration of the lease contract or title to the unit it occupies.
- The foreigner who is joined must prove that they have stable, regular and sufficient means of subsistence to meet his own needs and those of his family members and do not become a burden on the government. Livelihoods must be at least equivalent to 120% of the social integration income. The additional assistance plans (living wage, extra family allowances), financial welfare and child benefits are not included in the calculation. Unemployment benefit can be taken into account if the alien proves that joined actively seeking work. Other replacement benefits (pension, disability) are also taken into account.
- The foreigner who is joined must prove that he has for himself and for his family members have health insurance covering risks in Belgium (individual statement of mutual confirming the possibility of joining the family members or a private insurance contract)
- The family reunification applicant must prove, by a medical certificate, that they are not suffering from a disease endangering public health.
- The applicant for more than 18 years old family reunification must produce a police record.

In conclusion, you need a minimum monthly net wage € 1,360.62.


is 500 euro for rental place would be enough ? but when it comes to monthly income his above average his earnings.


- As regards housing, it has nothing to do with the monthly rent for rental.

- The non-European foreigners wishing to bring his family in Belgium must now have housing that meets, for himself and for his family members who ask to join, the basic safety requirements, safety and habitability . This means, for example, that the area and volume of the housing is sufficient to allow it to cook, to stay there and sleep there.
- A national of a third country can demonstrate that meets these requirements by means of the lease (registered) housing serving as principal dwelling (supplemented by a detailed description of the leased property), or using the title ownership of the house in which it resides.
- Proof of adequate housing is always rejected when the housing in question was declared uninhabitable by the competent authorities.

Here's what the law says:

Article 1. For the purposes of this Order shall mean:
  - Housing: a building or part of building leased built and assigned to the residence of the policyholder;
  - Living space: a part of a housing, for use as a kitchen, living room or bedroom.

  Art. 2. The following local can be a living space: the hallways or lobbies, hallways, toilets, bathrooms, washrooms, the storeroom, cellars, attics and annexes not landscaped housing, garages and business premises.
  The area and volume of the housing must be large enough to allow cooking there, to stay there and sleep there. Each unit must have at least one room reserved stay and sleep. This room should be private.
  When a building has several accommodations, activities other than stay and sleep may be exercised in one or more common parts of the building.

  Art. 3. The real property and particularly the foundations, floors and frames can present structural internal or external defects or stability or other defects such as cracks, fissures, pronounced obsolescence or the presence of fungi or parasites that can endanger the safety or health.

  Art. 4. Housing can not present water infiltration through the roof, gutters, walls and exterior joinery or rising humidity in the walls or floors which can endanger health.

Art. 5. At least half of the residential rooms to be used as living rooms or bedrooms as shall be provided with a source of natural light. This source of natural lighting should be at least 1 / 12th of the floor of the workpiece surface. To this end, it is not given to half of the window area below the exterior ground level living areas located below this level.
  The living rooms and sanitary spaces, such as the bathroom, the shower room and toilet, which does not have a window that can be opened must have at least one opening with a grid or a sheath. The surface of the free section of the air inlet in the open position must be greater than 0.1% of the floor area.
  Any facility for producing hot water or other heating system producing flue gas must be fitted with a discharge device in good working order and giving access to the open air.

  Art. 6. The housing must have at least:
  1° a point of private drinking water, permanently accessible; if the building includes several housing one or more public areas are assigned to activities other than the living and the bedroom, the presence of a common water point in public areas enough;
  2 ° a sink, with a siphon, connected to a flow system that works;
  3. a private, indoor toilet or close to the building and can be used throughout the year. However, the toilet may be common to several units in the same building, provided that the following conditions are met:
  a) these units are located on one or two contiguous levels of habitation;
  b) the number is not greater than five;
  c) the toilets are accessible by the public areas;
  4 ° of an electrical installation approved by an approved body, where such approval is required under the regulations, or no risk in normal use. Each living space must be electrically illuminated or be equipped with at least one outlet;
  5. sufficient means of heating which are safe in normal use or at least the ability to place and connect them;
  6 ° a permanent access to fuses for electrical equipment housing.
  If the unit is equipped with a gas installation, it must be approved by an approved body, where such approval is required under the regulations in force, or may present a risk in normal use .

Art. 7. The private living quarters must be freely accessible at any time, directly from the street or indirectly through common access to more housing or a room used by an occupant of the dwelling for his business. They must be fitted with closing devices that can restrict access to their only guests.
   The stairs to the living quarters must be fixed and easily accessible. They may pose a risk in normal use.
   Living rooms, the stairs to the residential and output channels parts must be designed to allow quick and easy evacuation of people.
   Exterior doors and windows of the floors, the threshold or the support is less than 50 cm from the floor must be fitted with a railing fixed.

Great details! Thanks much phipiemar!

New topic