I apologize in advance if this gets a little scattered...it seems to be the way my mind functions lately
A little background: My husband and I have two kids, a 5 (almost 6) year old boy and a 2 (almost 3) month old baby girl and a (almost) year old Yellow Lab. My husband has a job opportunity down in Aguadilla, PR, but it is a time sensitive opportunity so we have only a few weeks to decide if it is the right choice for our family. We would only be going for a year or two, or if we fall in love, then longer.
I have an absurd amount of questions and I feel like I have been searching countless days and not really collecting any information! I know it is a personal decision and I still have plenty of research to do, but it seems only angry people write reviews, so I thought asking questions would get me farther!
1. We are not city people, we found that out real quick in my husbands adventures in the Navy. I work for the county Prosecuting Attorney so I am a little overprotective of my children and quite frankly a bit paranoid because I see terrible things daily. That being said, what areas around Aguadilla are quiet, yet safe? Would we be better off being in a gated area for safety and dealing with a "city" life?
2. I have read a bit about private schooling (my son only knows how to count and a few words in Spanish), I can't seem to find if the prices are per year or per semester, or is it different for every private school? Would homeschooling be a better option? **Personal preference, I know**
3. I will be speaking with my daughters pediatrician next week, but I still like others opinions. She is obviously still in the stages of receiving her immunizations, I have read some not so good things about the health care system, so should we fly back to Michigan for her immunizations? (We would fly free, but still a pain) Or is the system not as bad as some make it out to be?
4. I have read about the rabies, should we be concerned bringing our dog? She is up to date on everything, but would it be in her best health interest to go? We definitely don't want to leave her, but is it a safe and accommodating area for dogs?
5. How bad are the bugs? Seriously. I know there isn't anything poisonous, but I'm not a huge fan of spiders or snakes. Odds of finding a tarantula or snake in our house?
6. I am obtaining my Bachelors degree online, is the internet going to be an issue? Where we're from, most places can't even get internet other than dial-up, so we're used to that. I know we could always use a hot-spot, but also with that, how is the cell service?
I know these questions are probably crazy, but planning and obtaining information keeps me sane. I know I have so many more questions, but as I said, I'm a bit scattered at the moment