Pergola builders in Budapest

Hello friends!
I have faced with big problem - to find a contractor to build a pergola above my terrace.
Does anybody have experience in the matter?
Can you recommend somebody?
How much it may be cost?

Thank you in advance.
Alex1959

Alex1959 wrote:

How much it may be cost?

I have a hole in my yard. How much will it cost to fill it in?

Nobody can answer that without more information. The hole may be the size of a shovel or an Olympic sized swimming pool.

Basically, some dimensions for the size of the project are needed, as well as the building materials you want to use (I assume wood, but there are other options), and if any roofing desired (i.e. we put on a polycarbonate sheeting covering on one, and that added to the cost).

Alex1959 wrote:

Hello friends!
I have faced with big problem - to find a contractor to build a pergola above my terrace.
Does anybody have experience in the matter?
Can you recommend somebody?
How much it may be cost?

Thank you in advance.
Alex1959

My guess is that it'll cost 1M HUF because in building our house we've found every blinking construction job in HU costs almost exactly 1M HUF. 

Obviously a massive coincidence ........or a Truman Show type conspiracy.

If you can speak Hungarian, it'll be easy to find someone but less easy to schedule.

klsallee wrote:
Alex1959 wrote:

How much it may be cost?

I have a hole in my yard. How much will it cost to fill it in?

If you tell me about your hole in the yard, I'll look into it.

Sorry, old  joke. Couldn't resist.

Dear friends,
I need a pergola (a roof above terrace ),
with metal carcass,
half-transparent polycarbonate sheeting covering   - static (not moveable) ,
size is  3,50 x 5,00   m,
with waterproof joint with the wall of the house,
with a water gutter.
Thank you all.

fluffy2560 wrote:

Challenge accepted:

https://stcoemgen.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/img_1875615140.jpg?w=529

I confess, I had to look up what this was on google, in my parts we just call it a patio, or sun shade.

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

Challenge accepted:

[img align=C]https://stcoemgen.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/img_1875615140.jpg?w=529[/url]

I hope that wasn't a specially dug hole for my "joke".  Quite a nice hole. Fence post perhaps?

Alex1959 wrote:

Dear friends,
with metal carcass,
with a water gutter.
Thank you all.

To keep it short, and depending on what type of polycarbonate you install (double walled versus corrugated which is half the price of double walled), with three days construction time estimate, and assuming all work is billable (which adds 30%), I would say budget around 300,000 to 400,000 HUF. If you want a more detailed breakdown of expected costs, let  me know.

fluffy2560 wrote:

I hope that wasn't a specially dug hole for my "joke".  Quite a nice hole. Fence post perhaps?

Cordon post hole.

I have dug a lot of holes in my life, and here is the original post for that picture:

https://stcoemgen.com/2013/03/11/wellness-1st/

But thanks for the opportunity to finally use some of that labor with a good "wink and nod" return joke.

klsallee wrote:

Cordon post hole.

I have dug a lot of holes in my life,.....

But thanks for the opportunity to finally use some of that labor with a good "wink and nod" return joke.

I've also dug  a few holes in my life but usually people tell me if I'm in a hole to stop digging.

I have some anchors for my grape vines which I bought online but I didn't know they were called Cordon posts.  Nice one.  If it was blue, they would be Cordon Bleu.

Alex1959 wrote:

Dear friends,
with metal carcass,
with a water gutter.
Thank you all.

Why do you want a metal frame?

Reason I mention it is that it'll need welding but not very difficult to do but different to a carpenter's work.  Fixings to the floor surface might puncture any insulation or surface water protection.  Fixings/anchors best on the walls or weld it to the balcony rail.

I often use chemical fixings with studding.  I rate these kinds of fixings as close to one of the best inventions ever created.   You can use these kinds of fixings when installing the support above the balcony door as the lintel will almost certainly be reinforced concrete (although it could be wood if the place is old enough).