Close

Las Terrenas the best place to retire

Thanks!  We love Airbnb,  just checking to see if anyone knew of something better.

You also might want to check Trip Advisor under Las Terrenas  and look at the top of the page for vacation rentals.  Here you will find condos for rent listed by owners.

Bob K

VRBO/Homeaway is also an option for looking fore rentals.  That's how we did it our first stay in 2015.  I imagine there's almost 100% overlap in properties, but where we stayed in Cabrera wasn't on Air BnB...

thanks Bob K and brodies2013 !

you are welcome...happy hunting

Bob K

How did you find where to stay in Cabrera if you didn't use Airbnb?

I hope to visit 2 or 3 times in the next 12 months, then retire there. I am single, healthy and a horse expert so I possibly could run a horse ride/swim on the beach or up to falls.  I need info & suggestions. First cheapest airfare anytime soon? Would love to swap email & learn more about the peninsula/Las Terrenas. Thank-you if you would do so!  Janet

Good Afternoon,
We have been doing tons of research and are in contact with realtors. We are looking for a beach city that will accommodate us if possible. We want to enjoy the island to its fullest. I'm a veteran and my husband is very supportive of me. Are there any MMA  facilities? I searched the community for a thread already started in this topic. This was as close as I could find. We are looking at less than two years till we get there. I cannot wait to taste the fresh fruit, warm air on my face, sand under my toes.. That isn't in Iraq. :-)  so any advice on a great city near the water would be amazing. This is a wonderful site, I have enjoyed reading the threads.
God bless you and the entire Island is in our prayers with the upcoming storm.

I might suggest Cabrera, it's not a beach town, but there are 6-7 beaches
within a 10 min. drive. Beach towns are usually very cluttered &
busy places full of tourists here for a week or two.
Cabrera is a laid back town of 4000 or so nice people.
Great mix of people from around the world.
Tom.

Expatriate health insurance in Las Terrenas

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Las Terrenas

Moving to Las Terrenas

Find tips from professionals about moving to Las Terrenas

Travel insurance in Las Terrenas

Enjoy stress-free travel to Las Terrenas

Flights to Las Terrenas

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Las Terrenas

2 million members!

Watch later