Working Holiday In Montreal

Hi everyone! I'm new in expat-blog and Montreal.:D

I'd like to know if there is any friend group or forum for the people who are having their working holiday programme in Montreal (same as me;)).

I really want to make some friends from different countries and we are having the same journey in Montreal. We can share the difficulties in living and finding jobs here. And we can have some regular events for hanging out or a short trip.  :cool:

Please feel free to leave a message to me.
P.S. I'm a 27 guy who has arrived here for 3 months, learning French & improving my English. And I'm doing a freelance job here. Nice to meet you all.

We may hold a group together if there is no friend group yet.
I have also posted in another forum. Hope that it really works.
Thanks.

Welcome to the forum newjinxmak ;)

Thanks Yud :D

hi
this is hedieh from iran
i am going to come to canada,montreal
i am really happy to see u here

hi, nice to see you here too.
when will you come to Montreal?

Hi newjinxmak and welcome to Canada,

Indeed, meeting people and trying to socialize, is a good way to start your networking, and also to avoid loneliness.

On other hand as you are in Montréal maybe it's a good way to look also for groups who like to do the conversation-exchange in order to help you practicing this language. Why not? After all Québecian speak French.

I heard about a group who meet weekly (not sure if it's every week), they have coffee by speaking either English and French. Mostly they meet in :
Café Bistro Van Houtte, 2020 University street  (Sortie University), Montréal, QC, H1A 0A1 (phone 514-284-0417).

You can maybe try this Saturday and ask for the French-English group and explain you heard about them in the Net and that you are new in the city,etc…

By the way you are originally from Hong-kong, try to contact maybe the Chinese-organizationz for new comer surely there are many activities for Chinese community . (I do really appreciate Chinese people I also start learning mandarin last year, Wo mei tian xue xi Putonghua :)  …   but I do not improve much .).

Welcome to you too Hedieh. I saw that you are also interested in practicing French language, so this is another reason to join the group.

I would help to exchange conversations with you in French as I am unsign it daily. So just let me know.

Have a nice day and good luck for all of you.

hello there,

here i am in montreal for working holiday as you, i've been here almost 4 months as u do. I'm from taiwan. if u are interested, i'll be glad to be a friend of yours during this trip.  :)

Welcome sucre1987,

Hope you like Montreal.

I have a meeting woith some chinese and tawainese friends here in Ottawa, we will  have a pot luck (everyone bring his own dishes and share it with other)... If you were close we could invite you.

Maybe another time.

Thanks  Abdel for your information.
It's great to have some groups to meet new friends in Montreal.
And I 'm lucky to meet some nice friends here.:)

Thank you sucre1987. I have sent a message to you. Please contact me as soon as possible. Nice to meet you!;)

hi newjinxmak i will be there in  montreal in mid of june 2012  hope to c u there :)