Hi... looking for new friends in Montreal

Hi All,

I just moved to Montreal from USA for work purpose, found place to stay & trying to settle in Montreal. Also looking forward to making new friends in Montreal, as currently roaming alone in the city & its no fun. Joining couple of blogs & forums, lets c how it goes.

Cheers, SM

Welcome to Expat.com SM2010 :)

Your discussion has been redirected to the Montreal forum. You can also try the Montreal Expat Network page to make friends and networking.

I wish you all the best, and hope you will make lot contacts via this site.

Yud:)

Hello Lingdong and welcome to Expat.com!

This post is dated 2010.

You may also start a new thread on the forum Montreal for better visibility.;)

Harmonie.:)

yeah u need to join clubs and thank god the internet exists to meet new people through websites!

im currently travelling but good luck in the city!

I am new in montreal as well and want to make new friends...where can I get them?

I think it could be a great idea if a date is set where enough expats could join and get to know each other !

Hi,

This is a very good idea !!!

Why don't we collect suggestions about places where we (Expats) can meet & get to know each other !

Let me know what do u guys think ?

Cheers

Hello. I'm Angie 30 female looking to make new friends in Montreal. Let's set up a date for a meetup :)

hi Angie,

Nice to here from someone in regards to this post !!  check ur inbox plz

Nicely enough we have a long coming weekend , i might be in for it  ..

Actually there is a nice place on Mondays that plays nice music , happy hours , and free Latin dancing classes too .. let me hear what you guys think !

Hello guys/girls, I'm a french guy who used to live in Montréal in 2007 and who is coming back there sometimes.
Some meetup are organised on the french version of this forum so I have a question: do you speak french?
If yes: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=4107

If not, it's not a problem anyway, we can speak english too. So if you want to meet us you are welcome.
Next meetup will be tuesday evening (the fifth) around 7:30 p.m. at the "Terrasse du garage Louis-Colin" de l'Université de Montréal (Saint-Louis Terrace of the University of Montreal) where we are going to look at the transit of the planet Venus across the sun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transit_of_Venus). It happens only twice in a lifetime (if you are lucky enough)! Feel free to join us!!
Take care