Living the life in Alicante

Moved to Alicante 14 months ago and now living the dream, it's a beautiful cosmopolitan city, with plenty to do and see.

My partner and I now own a Thai restaurant [Thai Corner} in the old town of the city which is the only authentic Thai restaurant for over 40 miles .

It is now quite established and we have many returning customers.

Fortunately I am a sleeping partner and am now able to enjoy retirement playing golf,tennis and relaxing , spending time with new found friends.

About your own a Thai restaurant business, may you help me to learn know more about business for foreigner in Spain? How to open own shop?

Thanks a lot.

What I was suggest is that you take advice from a good lawyer/accountant that speak your language and Spanish.
We were fairly lucky that we found the business and that is has a very good footfall(meaning that many people pass the restaurant and therefore notice us and if they don't eat on that day they will come back another time),that is very important.
We were offered a number of places by an estate agent,but turned them down because they were In quite areas,and since we have moved here we have noticed that other people have started businesses there and failed because it was in a quite area.
Hope this helps

Many thanks for your help :)

Sounds fantastic , that's the life I want  ... We want to come to Alicante as soon as house sells  as I suffer with fibromyalgia & need a more relaxed life ... My children are moving with me so excited .. X

Hi Liz,
I don't think you could move to a better place it's really more civilized here than other places I have been to in Spain and yet you still have the beaches and lots of culture, hope you sell soon and make the move , ***

Moderated by Priscilla 2 months ago
Reason : No free ads here please

Good luck to all those who have succeeded.

I am often surprised by the number of good to very good restaurants and bars you find in and around Alicante that seem to have very few clients, no matter at what time you go there. Just wondering how they make ends meet.

Some folks I diuscussed this with say they probably make so much money during the couple of months of tourist season at the height of the summer that they can afford to idle a bit the rest of the time. But if its that, why don't the just close down and lock up at other times and enjoy themselves?

Questions and answers about Alicante

Ask your question
State schools torrevieja
By Joanne&David
By Subalu65
By jesslinger
Buying a second car in Alicante
By Paddywhack
Schooling in Alicante
By Joanne&David

Expatriate health insurance in Alicante

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Alicante

Moving to Alicante

Find tips from professionals about moving to Alicante

Travel insurance in Alicante

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Alicante

Flights to Alicante

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Alicante