Pickle ball?

Does anyone know if there are pickle ball courts in or around Alicante?  For those of you who have never heard of it before, it's a net and racket game with a very weird name.
Thanks!
Jacala

On Calle Ramon Gonzalez Sempre, across from the BBVA branch in San Gabriel.

The pickleball response was from 2018.  Is  there more pickleball now, 2022?

Maybe less. What was once courts where you could play pickleball is now a new Mercadona supermarket.

Oh, no! Trying to decide whether or not to bring my gear! I thought it would be a good way to meet people. 

It depends on who you expect to meet. Most locals in Alicante speak no English, so unless you're fluent in Spanish, you're not likely to get into conversation with anyone but expats ... and you'll find most of them in Benidorm and Malaga, not Alicante.

I suppose you can prowl the supermarkets listening for shoppers speaking English to each other. We met a couple that way when we first got here, but to do it as a regular means of expanding your social circle seems a little creepy! :-)

Uh-oh! Should have talked to you before I booked a month in Alicante!! 

If you're looking for an experience of living in Spain, Alicante is a good place to be. In my experience, over time most tourist areas morph to reflect the transients rather than be an expression of the locals. As a result, they lose that sense of place and become neither fish nor fowl. Loud British party people love Benidorm; I just think it's weird.

As the expat outsider, it always seemed incumbent upon me to adapt and learn more Spanish rather than expect the locals to learn more English. Being in the minority makes you humble.

@RestaurantDoc 

I contacted my Airbnb host. She said 50% of her renters are English speaking.  She was very kind to say I could cancel. I think I'm going to give it a try- it is only a month- it will be good for me!

I am assuming you are a foodie based on the monicker. I am open to restaurant suggestions😉‼️

Thank you for replying,

Sharon