Pets in Birmingham?

Hi, myself, husband and 11 year old daughter are moving to Birmingham in Sept-2016. We would like to rent a 2/2 furnished flat in the city centre. We would like to bring our cat with us. Does anyone know if the majority of the apartment buildings accept pets? I am having a hard time finding that information or I am finding information stating that very few places except pets. :(

Also, is it best to use a letting agent once we get there to locate a place to let? Does anyone know if the apartment buildings have many kids living there as well?

I actually spent many years living in Harborne in Birmingham close to queen's Park when I was young and it had a kind of village or small town feel to it and brings back fond memories. I wasn't aware that apartments didn't allow pets, but of course I understand that pets can sometimes cause damage. If I were you I would contact some of the property agents or letting agents and pose the question to them. As for finding a flat, many people look in the newspaper or online.

sportysnow wrote:

We would like to bring our cat with us. Does anyone know if the majority of the apartment buildings accept pets?

It's all down to the landlord.

You'll find a good number exclude things like smoking and pets as they're worried about damage.
Some insurance companies increase premiums if pets are in the house, so the landlord excludes them to save cash.

Some say, "Pets considered" whilst others have no issue at all. You just have to ask each place you look at, or check the adverts for clauses.
Most places that exclude pets say so in their advertising, but check in case they haven't mentioned it.