Pets in England

Hello everyone,

Many of us in England have four-legged friends. What about you? Do you have one or more pets? Share your experience with us!

What are the formalities to import pets in England? What about pet adoption procedures in the country? Did you bring your pet from your home country to your host country? If so, did everything turn out fine?

What do English think about pets? Are they comfortable with dogs, cats or unusual pets?

Share your advice!

Priscilla

Finding a place to rent with pets is incredibly difficult. Most do not accept pets, unless you're a council tenant (most of us aren't and won't ever be....).

Cats are considered to be "semi-feral" meaning people believe they should always be permitted to go outside (leading to people thinking you're very cruel if your cats are indoor-only), and if your cat breaks your precious figurine in the house, contents insurance won't cover it. But if your dog broke the same figurine, the contents insurance usually does cover it.

I've taken my cat via the EuroTunnel.
Their terms to take the pet with you are stated on their website https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/traveller-info/pets/
You need to make sure your pet has a chip and a EU passport (careful because the ladies behind the desk in France can't read very well and dismiss the latest passport and send you to the vet in town to get an older passport, no complaints about this possible and it will cost you 55euro extra).
Your pet needs to be de-wormed (Tapeworm treatment): Treatment must be administered by a vet not less than 24 hours (1 day) and no more than 120 hours (5 days) before the dog's scheduled arrival time in the UK
Your pet needs to vaccinated: Your pet (who must be at least 12 weeks old) must be vaccinated against rabies.
Finding a flat to rent that accepts your pet(s) is not easy, but you can easily persuade the landlord or letting agent with money.

i would like to buy a british shorthair blue cat I think they are awesome but unfortunately they    are   very expensive in brazil it could be easier if I bought it in England and brought it to brazil does someone have one british cat to donate me

vanessa aparecida valim wrote:

i would like to buy a british shorthair blue cat I think they are awesome but unfortunately they    are   very expensive in brazil it could be easier if I bought it in England and brought it to brazil does someone have one british cat to donate me

Have you looked at the cost of transport, cost of vet fees and paperwork before travel, insurance cover, Brazilian importation paperwork requirements.