21000 AED and saving

Please share your interview experience??

Hello,

I had my interview last week (7/4/18) at a univetsity in Sharjah. The starting time was said to be 8am but I arrived much earlier. As the candidates filled in the hall, we were called by subject to sit for a one hour exam on your related topic (It's always good to overprepare and bring a hard copy of your lesson plan). I waited for 15 mins after the exam before I was interviewed by two brits. It was a nice and joyful interview and they were very reactive towards my responses. They gave me time to answer properly and asked me a lot of questions on classroom environment and classroom management. In the end I had to conduct a 5 min lesson on any topic. I made it fun and straight to the point. I am currently waiting for the results! All the best :)

What sort of package would a British trained doctor expect ? anyone know with an answer?

My interview was on May, 19th I got an email after 10 business days saying my interview was successful.....then NOTHING!! I haven't heard anything... what might be going on? are they slow or did they change their mind, I don know whats going on. How Long should I wait to hear from them again.

It is currently in the tail end of Ramadan. It began on May 17th. Things get really slow during this time, and now is the time where things in the working sector really slow down. The holy period ends in about 10 days, and things should start picking up around then.

Things move pretty slowly in general over here, so be patient. I would recommend that if you haven't heard from them by the end of July, then you should start worrying. I know that's a long time away, but hopefully this gives you peace of mind about not being forgotten about :)

@Letran  - Depends on the Hospital and the seniority of your role there. Looking at 50,000 AED plus per month, have seen upward of 80,000 - plus housing allowance usually between 150,000 - 250,000 AED per year.

Hi!

I've been reading through posts on this thread and it has really been a lot of help. I recently applied for a health sciences teaching position in the ministry of education. I received an email from MOE that my CV has been screened in and that I will be contacted soon for an interview schedule.

May I know the likelihood of Filipinos getting hired for teaching positions in the MOE?

Thank you and I'm looking forward to any information you may be able to give.

:)

Nccf wrote:

Hi!

I've been reading through posts on this thread and it has really been a lot of help. I recently applied for a health sciences teaching position in the ministry of education. I received an email from MOE that my CV has been screened in and that I will be contacted soon for an interview schedule.

May I know the likelihood of Filipinos getting hired for teaching positions in the MOE?

Thank you and I'm looking forward to any information you may be able to give.

:)

I know of pretty good amount of a Filipinos working there. Everything will depend on you as an individual and proving you are the best fit for the job. Do not worry about where you coming from, but rather what you can give.  With good experience and attributes you did land a position there easily.

Best of luck.

Thank you for the advice and encouragement, flex14. Hoping for the best.

Hi, thx for the info, but does anybody know about cutting salary to 16.ooo or 21.000 with special education?

@nisah93
Hello ..Did you get any reply from MOE ?  How did you apply? Through agency or directly ? I have applied for Maths graduate teacher position through the Moe website .

Did anyone apply for the Graduate teacher position with Moe? I would like to know about the experience.

Dear Justin,
Congrats and a big thank you from my part for sharing such a detailed information. I am a teacher from India and currently undergoing all the procedures mentioned by you. I signed and sent back the employment contract last week and now I am busy with my certificate authentication process. Could you please help me to clarify a few doubts regarding the same? I am asked to authenticate my M.Sc Maths degree ( highest degree) certificate only. When I asked about the teaching diploma certificate, they said authentication is not required for the same. What is your personal experience?  I got the Job offer through Teach Away itself and I am a Maths Teacher too. So far I am happy with their dealings.  I feel that you are the right person who can help me out.  My second doubt is: In the contract letter, salary mentioned is 16000 AED and other benefits like visa, ticket, health insurance etc. All these were given in clause 1 and as clause 12, it is given that " the first party ( Ministry) will pay for your residence fee". What does it mean? Wil the Ministry pay my housing charges other than 16000 AED? The amount 16000 thousand is mentioned as : Basic salary of 7475AED and total salary of 16000AED including the folliwing benefits(provided that the  total salary of the employee including the benefits shall not exceed the  upper limit set by the cabinet resolution in this regard) Thereafter it is mentiined about free visa, ticket, medical insurance etc. Nothing was mentiined about the hoyse rent allowance in claùse 1. It is separately mentioned in clause 12. Was it like this for you? Will there be any  increment in the salary for the second year or will it be same through out the contract period? Please give me a reply. Now I am happy that atleast I could find an experienced teacher from the same field who can help me in future ( No need of economic assistance) if I am relocating to UAE. I have been asked to join by Jan.6th. But the authentication is a time consuming process here and I have already informed Teach Away that Jan6 is not ok for me. Actually when would the school year(Jan, June or August?) start there?  Kindly reply. Awaiting to hear from you.
Warm regards,
Jayamole

Greetings and congrats on getting this far in the process!

I'm not sure if I'll be able to answer your questions, but I'll try. I wouldn't worry about getting your degree certified and not the teaching certificate. I think the MOE cares more about the higher degree than the actual teaching credential. I say this because they have teachers teaching subjects that are not their primary subject (eg. There are qualified science teachers are teaching Maths instead).

In terms of salary, I have heard rumors that the salary for new incoming teachers will be 16000. The base salary of 7000+ is included in that 16,000 (don't expect a 23,000+ salary). There will not be any sort of raise as far as I know. I just started my 3rd year and my salary has not changed. And no, they will not provide housing or transportation, or anything of the sort. You will have the 16000 from them, and that's it. You will be responsible for taking care of housing.

If you can't start by Jan 6, it's probably not a big deal. Math teachers are most in-demand and I'm sure they'll allow you to come on at any point during the school year. If I'm wrong, then yes, assume that the next starting date would be in August.

I hope this helps. I know the information about the salary isn't what you were hoping for. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll help ya the best I can

Only education certificate attestation is enough from ministry of external affairs in Delhi and uae consulate ,mantralaya and state government seal and notary is required...if you go thru any agent..they will do it in 7-10days..as I got the same..

Dear Justin,
Thanks a lot for your updates. I would like to know whether 16000AED is a good salary? If you don't mind, please tell me about your salary and how much you are able to save in a month. Here, I am getting a good salary as I have 20 years of teaching experience and I would like to know whether the above mentioned amount is a good salary or not. If we are not able to save much, there is no point in working over there. As a lady teacher, will I get any preference in choosing the school?  How much we have to pay for a fully furnished studio apartment? If you don't mind please give me a detailed reply so that I can plan accordingly. One more thing, they have mentioned about a 2 months training programme.. I don't know whether the salary will be paid during the training period. Do we need to clear any exam over there? In the mail, they mentioned that the new joining date other than Jan 6th will be announced at the beginning of Jan 2019.. It would be convenient for me, if I get a date after March. Otherwise , I have to leave my Grade 10 students just before their Board Exam. I have already requested for it , but so far I have not got any positive reply. Awaiting to hearing from you,
Thank you,
Warm regards,
Jayamole.

hello , r u from kerala. u reached in uae

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I just signed my final contract and I was given a joining date of march 24 2019. I told them that I could only join by April 14. Anyone have an idea on when the next mobilisation date will be? And is the stipulated salary of 16000 aed worth it?

Yes, 16000 is a handsome amount to earn here in Dubai, With this salary you spend an above average life over here

Thanks for the reply. How much savings do you think one can scrutinise after house rent and food?

With a good life spending over here you can save AED 4-5K per month

Hi,
I'm looking for teaching job in UAE. Can you please give some suggestion to getting job in MOE?

Hi,

Please give some suggestion to get a teaching job in Dubai. I'm looking for a job there.

Hi,

I'm going to attend my interview with MOE on 31st of March. Can you please give some idea on the interview and the selection procedure please? Also I'm looking for a job there. Can you please assist me to get a job?

Hello, I am about to go to the UAE and I am wondering if what I saved is enough to settle in.

Can you tell me an estimate of how much I should bring? Or do they provide an allowance once I arrive?

Thanks in advance!

When was your interview, and how long it takes to get the result..I had an interview on August 19 ..still waiting for result

I had on August 20. Still waiting. But one of my friend got a positive email from MOE a week later.